cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send multiple files by using File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying with the scenario by using the File Adapter.

As per my requirement, I need to send multiple files (like FileA.xml, FileB.pdf, FileC.txt, FileD.html etc) to the Target system.

I have seen ‘Additional Files’ option, in Sender Communication channel. But I am not sure how to give the parameters, in case if I would like to send the multiple files as mentioned above.

Could someone please explain about the steps, that I need to proceed further?

Thanks in advance.

Sree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just use wild characters.

ex: File.Txt or File.*

this should slove ur problem

let me know if you any issues with it.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreeram,

Thank you for your reply. I had tried with the option File*.xml. It is working fine.

But in case, if I need to process with the input files (like intest.xml, checkone.html, testthis.pdf etc)..i.e the input file names are different, then how i need to proceed to give the file name parameters in the Sender communication channel.

Thanks

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

then give in filename .

then all the files in your source directory will be picked by XI......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

sree,

then you need to use advanced file selection option in file adapter. where you can select the different file name and ignore all other file names which you dont require.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at the following thread.

Regards

Sundari

<i>Reward points for helpful answer</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

If your requirement is to send multiple files with unique file names you could do the following:

In 'File Access Parameters' click the 'Advanced Selection for Source file' and mention all the files you want picked up[along with the directory] in the table that appears.

Do try and let me know.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Thank you for your reply.

My requirement is to send the multiple files like inone.xml, intwo.txt etc. In the Sender Communication channel, I had provided ' inone.xml ' in the File Name field under the "File System Access Parameters" section.

Next I had chosen "Additional Files" option as Checked and provided ' intwo.txt ' in the field name of "File List".

After activation, i have provided those two files (inone.xml, intwo.txt) in the Source folder. It is not processing? What could be the problem ?

Thanks

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Do you want to transfer multiple files together in one shot or is the problem with the naming where in in different cases the filenames are going to be different and the receiver channel needs to put the name accordingly ?

If latter is the problem, you can use variable substitution for file naming....

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renjith,

I would like to send all the files at a time to the target system. So could you please suggest the steps to proceed further.

Regards,

Sree