cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Stock stuck in interim storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have a situation here.  Negative stock for a certain  material is stuck in Interim storage type 922 .

Stock situation is :

922 : -20 ( blocked stock)

922:   20 ( unrestricted stock)

Stock is not available in this storage location at any other storage type.

I have tried creating a posting change using LU01 and also tried creating a Stock Transfer using LT01 and LT10 without any success.

Material status is "globally Cancelled" but that is a soft warning and I guess should not affect the above mentioned methods.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the material movements in MB51 for the desired material and check if someone manually settled the stock.

If its old case then, it is possible that you get stock problems like this. But if its fresh one then you need to analyze the stock movements.

In worst scenario (in case there is no stock available, no open posting changes etc) you need to manually settle the stock after checking with logistic/quality guys.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally stock was brought from IM through MB11 and issue was resolved. Thanks all of you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shariq ,

Please check for open , partially processed posting changes , kindly provide  detailed screen shot of the TO  for posting made which resulted in creation of entrys at 922.

Thanks

Jinoy

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

This may not directly related to your issue but you can initiate posting change from WM > IM via LQ02.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is there any stock in another storage type if you check in LS24 or LS26?

check in LU04 if there is already a posting change notice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.No There is no other stock in other storage types. and there are no posting change notices.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is that a very old case? or relatively fresh?

are there many movements in MB51 for this material, or less than 50?

is this a test sytem or production?

I just want evaluate if there is a chance to analyze this case via the forum discussions

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happened last week so its relatively fresh. I have found a  Transfer Order with no TR and no Posting change number. the movemnet type selected is 999. This was done from Blocked to unrestricted stock and was confirmed.There was no material document. I think this is the reason for the aforementioned issue.

Any way I can reverse this?

This is a production system and MB51 has more than  500 documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Movement type 999 is warehouse supervision. stock was manually settled by a user.

There is a manual way to settle the stock.

Block 20 pcs 922 stock using MB1B, 344 movement type (create TO using LT06) and then create TO using LT01 with movement type 999 and post the stock into 922 blocked stock to make it zero. that ways you can clear this stock.

This just a workaround (not a solution). Try to analyze the issue before settling the stock.

Thanks,

Nikhil

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not possible to change the stock category while moving with 999 movement.

if you move unrestricted stock to the destination bin, then you create negative unrestricted stock in the source bin, if your current stock is blocked stock.

so you would have -20 unrestricted stock and + 20 blocked stock.

Check in LU04 for closed change notices. Maybe there is one that got closed manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will not work as MB1B will show stock deficit in the storage location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If system is showing 20 pcs in 922 under unrestricted stock then it should allow MB1B as there isnt -20 unrestricted stock to negate it.

Can you please share LS26 and MMBE screenshot so that i can check it at my end.