cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message type 26253 error while checking in and storing

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Folks,

We are in process of migrating the Documents - with attachments from one system to another system. We have chosen the ALE approach.

We have maintained a two way connection between the systems to exchange data. Also save the default login credentials to be used during data exchange.

We are able to generate IDOCs and IDOCs are sent to target systems as well. If i post a DIR with out attachment it is getting posted as well.

Issue : Actual issue now we are facing is that, when we send a document with the attachment, we are getting an error message "

" Error while checking in and storing: Filename.xls : Message no. 26253 "

Kindly suggest what could be the issue here.. I have made necessary settings in Define transports of originals for ALE for the document type and assigned the
standard storage category in there. The source system document is also checked in standard storage category only.

Best regards,

Shashikumar BS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

26253 is a generic error..generally one of the three reasons is expected..

1 - Workstation is not well defined.. In your situation it is the xls filebut you are saying that you can store it one of the targets..Than Im passing this..

2 - You don't have the related authorisation..

3 - HTTP error between systems, in this case you don't have access to the target system or your target system if it s a SQL database have in the "read only" statement which i had faced this issue in Max DB7.8

Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shashi,

Please go through this link : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/26+253+-+Reason+for+this+error

Also, please check  MaxDB or whatever you are using , check whether it is running or not.

Also , check the Content storage settings with CSADMIN, oac0, oact.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Simran

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

Refer document in the link for migrating DIRs. Ensure you have configured in the similar fashion.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90402d62-cfd9-2d10-e78b-d323b71bb...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Deepak,

Thanks for your support. This is exactly the document which i referred for carrying out the configurations. I have followed every step in it.

When i check in any documents from regular transactions to the same storage category it does work fine, but it doesnt work when i post from the other system. It fails with the message type 26253 error.

Kindly suggest further.

Thanks and regards,

Shashikumar BS

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

In case of this error please check the entries in transaction SLG1 for your user. Here you will find additional information and hints why this error is raised.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori