SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPY1 and preselection of BPs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus.

I'm working in a freshly upgraded SAP environment, from IS-U 4.72 to ECC6 EhP6, and the transaction FPY1 doesn't have the preselection of master data (BP or contract accounts) on the first screen.

This is a useful function that I would like to use in the scheduling of payment runs.

Checking at the release notes, this functionality is active in ECC6 since EhP4... but apparently the business function set FI-CAX needs to be activated.

When checking in the system component information I can see that the software component FI-CA and FI-CAX are both present in my system (Release 606 Level 0004).

Is there anything technical that needs to be done in order to have the preselection for master data in the transaction FPY1?

All help appreciated.

Best,

Jean-Marie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Marie,

I don't think SAP has removed the BP/CA selection from the General Selection Screen of FPY1.

Can you check whether its happening for other mass transactions as well, which have BP/CA selections, like FPVA, FP04M etc.

If yes, then your upgrade to EHP 6.0 has some issues, and I would recommend you to raise an OSS with SAP for the same.

If no and the issue is with only transaction FPY1, then I would recommend you to check the layout settings for FPY1.

Go to transaction FICAAOLA and select layout 0030 and click on "Tab Pages Titles"

Select the "General Selections" and select on "Position of Group"

Check the position 2 has Group box S0126 assigned to it or not....

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Marie,

I don't think SAP has removed the BP/CA selection from the General Selection Screen of FPY1.

Can you check whether its happening for other mass transactions as well, which have BP/CA selections, like FPVA, FP04M etc.

If yes, then your upgrade to EHP 6.0 has some issues, and I would recommend you to raise an OSS with SAP for the same.

If no and the issue is with only transaction FPY1, then I would recommend you to check the layout settings for FPY1.

Go to transaction FICAAOLA and select layout 0030 and click on "Tab Pages Titles"

Select the "General Selections" and select on "Position of Group"

Check the position 2 has Group box S0126 assigned to it or not....

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan for this swift response.

I checked the transaction FPVA and the preselection is also missing in the screen.

However it's present in the transaction FP04M.

I checked the layouts in FICAAOLA:

- the S0126 (Preselection) is assigned to the General Selections of the Payment Run.

- the S0126 is assigned to the General Selection of the Write Off.

- there is no preselection assigned for the layout of FPVA (tab layout 0003)

I'll raise an OSS note with SAP to check this strange behaviour.

Thanks again.

Best,

Jean-Marie

0 Kudos

See OSS 389065

0 Kudos

Hello Danny.

I don't see how this note applies to my situation. The note you mention is not valid for my system.

Thanks for answering anyway.

Best,

Jean-Marie