cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Edit DBMS Settings in Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing issue in editing the DBMS Settings in Console.While connecting to database from MDM first time we kept data file path and Index file path as blank/default and created a new repository.Later our database team member found out that the new repository created in default path which is oracle_home/dbs which he feels is not correct path.

We tried to add new data file path and index file path in DBMS settings but unable to save the new path.

SAP MDM 7.1.08.196

Oracle 11.2.0.3

Please advise

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Any error message being prompted?

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

No error message,the OK Button in DBMS Settings is disable/grayed out and unable to save new path.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Something to do with DBMS setting, i guess.

Please check below link - hope this provides some valuable information.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/42/ea053837f33ee9e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already referred the link and based on that i have followed the steps.Issue is at step 7 (Click OKto save any new values and close the dialog. ) Here OK Button is grayed out/disable to save.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Issue Resolved.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Please update with your findings on how issue was resolved? This will help someone resolve issues very quickly when facing similar problem in future. Also please close this thread with your inputs.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Based on Note 1686527 - Cannot Change DBMS Settings in MDM Console we resolved the issue.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks a lot for sharing the information. This will serve very useful in future. This thread is still marked unanswered , request you to please close this thread.

Regards,

Ali

Answers (0)