cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Generate the Inspection Lot on the basis of Counter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I required to generate Inspection Lot on the basis of Counter for the Strip Test Process.

Strip Test is used in Pump Industry.

Process of Strip Test is as Follows:-

1. Pump To be Stripped by Quality Peoples after the Testing Operation from the production on the basis of the particular counter(For Example 1 out of 50 Pumps).

2. After Stripping the pump if the Quality is ok then pump is release for the next operation with defining particular identification(for example Like Serial number).

3. If Quality is not Ok for the Strip Test then that particular lot with all pumps will be put on hold for decision.

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

What do u want to say by counter ???

Is it sample size as per your requirement ?

If yes you can use your own sampling scheme (QDP1) and assign it to sampling procedure (QDV1).

Thanks & Regards,

Maneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Particular Counter refers to qty is passing through that material routing at the particular work center(say testing Work center) if the particular counter say 50 has been reached at that work center for that material so 1 material  come into quality for inspection.

After that result recording and usage decision need to be done.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Sorry for the late reply..

You can use Inspection Point in your inspection plan header. Based on your inspection point system will generate inspection lot and you can proceed further.

Regards,

Maneesh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah.. pump tests.. I had a similar job once many years ago.  We designed hydraulic fluids and we had to pump test them.  Run the fluid for hundreds and hundreds of hrs through a pump.  Then at intervals test the fluid for degradation and finally at the end tear down the pump and inspect it for wear, comparing certain wear measurements to those taken at the start of the test.  Sounds like you are doing a similar process put you are testing the pumps as opposed to the fluids.

Your process sounds like it would be best handled by inspection points in some manner.  I'd suggest the following:

1) an early 04 lot with inspection points or

2) an 03 lot with inspection points and a final 04 inspection lot for release. 

At each "interval" a new inspection point would be created.  This is typically done manually.  I.e. when the sample arrives in the lab, the lab folks create a new inspection point for that sample against the open inspection lot.  This relies on the production people pulling the samples at the right time and labeling them properly.  So lets say every 5000 gallons of material pumped they take a sample.  You would have an inspection point for 5000, 10000, 15000, 20000 etc...  Once the maximum qty is completed and the final sample arrives and the last inspection point is completed, the UD is made on the inspection lot.

I guess my question is are you expecting to SAP to prompt when to take a sample?  If so that is difficult.  You want to rely on your process control equipment for that.

FF

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Reading your post I am just wondering if this might also possibly be realized by the calibration management process (using test equipments in combination with counters, and then realizing calibration calloffs based on the counter readings/measuring points).

What do you think?

MH

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm.. sure.. I guess it would be possible.  I think it would depend on the testing objective.  In his case I was thinking they are making pumps and the testing is being done on one pump from a batch.  So a pump represents additional quantities of material, (pumps in this case).

Using calibration they'd have to set up each pump being tested with an equipment master first.  And the inspection lot wouldn't have any 'control' over the other pumps in that batch. 

Now if I misunderstood and these are pumps on a production line and they need to be stripped after so many hours and that varies based on the product being produced and flowed through the pump, than the calibration route would make more sense.

FF

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree, it just depends on the intended process of the poster. I just could not really get the intention out of the description by the original post (the sentence "if quality is OK pump is released for next operation" made me tend more into the test equipment procedure, but I might have misunderstood this as well).

Let's see if the authors adds some more details or is happy with the replies.

Regards

MH

Answers (0)