cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Issue : Permissions in SQL 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am currently having a few issues with our BW Development system, I have recently moved the database from one server to another and I have missed a permission or two...........

Basically when I go to DBACOCKPIT > Performance > Overview I am getting the following error message:

"SQL 15.406 : Cannot execute as the server principal because the principal "sa" does not exist, thistype of principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission. [WP7 ] [sap_mon_sqlsetup:BU"

I have checked all of the other user accounts and even set the db owner to the <SID>adm account and I am am still getting an issue.

Dos anyone have any ideas what I can check or try?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Refer SAP  Note 1414121 - Cannot execute as the server principal

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fantastic, seems to have fixed the 'sa' issue.

However I still have at the bottom of the screen when initially logging in to DBACOCKPIT:

<SID> 1 actions disabled. Reason: restricted database privileges

I am assuming this is still a SQL issue of some description.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Could you double click the message at the bottom and share relevant details appearing in the pop window.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, sorry did not mention I had done that, only the SAP message is not too helpful:

1 actions disabled. Reason: restricted database privileges

Message no. S10100

Diagnosis

Some options in the navigation tree are disabled. There can be multiple reasons for this. The most common causes are:

Limited S_DBCON authorizationRefer to the SAP Help Portal for detailed documentation on the authorization concept of DBA Cockpit.
Objects missingThe monitoring schema on the remote database does not yet exist or is empty.
Non-ABAP schemaSome functions are only available if the monitored schema is owned by an ABAP system.
Monitoring via remote connectionSome functions are only available if the monitored system is local.
Database release limitationsSome functions are only available for specific database releases.

Procedure

Here are your options:

Limited S_DBCON authorizationTalk to your system administrator if you feel that your authorization level is insufficient.
Objects missingYou have been redirected to the "SQL Script Execution" screen, which allows you to create the monitor schema and its objects.
OthersIn your scenario the functions are simply not available. There is no action you can take.

As it has appeared only since the DB move I am assuming there is still something missing.

Than ks

Phil

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Please check whether this authorization exists for your user

S_DBCON authorizationTalk to your system administrator if you feel that your authorization level is insufficient.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would expect so, as it is in our BW Dev system we have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.

Have even looked using SAP* - same issue.

Thanks again for your help with this issue.

Cheers

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah found issue - just needed the SAP_BC_DB_ADMIN_MSS role.

Thanks again!

Answers (0)