cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM tool usage in EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to update one component(LMNWAFRAMEWORK) in EP system JAVA stack .Is there a feasibility to do one component upgrade using SUM tool ?.....

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharatram,

As per SAP Note 1589311 - Replacements of outdated tools via SL Toolset

You need to use SUM tool to update single component in JAVA stack as well.

Download this tool and execute it, process will be similar to JSPM.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks deepak for your help!!!

I have used SUM tool where we give the stack xml file alone......Is there an option to update only one component alone or should i once again generate XML file from Solution manager .and then upgrade .....

Guide me if am wrong !!!!!

Regards

Ram

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check the SUM Central Note for the supported scenario with the SUM tool.

1732061 -  Central Note - Software Update Manager 1.0 SP07 [lmt_008]

1641062 - Single component update and patch scenarios in SUM

Please note that Single component update cannot be done in case of ABAP only system.

Regards,

Gaurav

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

as far as I know and if you know exactly what you are doing, you can update one single component with the JSPM.

Regards, Michael

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharatram,

Refer SAP Note 1641062 - Single component update and patch scenarios in SUM

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

I tried launching the SUM tool and when i upgrade LM NWA FRAMEWORK from 7.31.4.0 to 7.31..7.0 am getting error that upgrade cannot be done .You can see the screenshot for further reference.

Rejected due to following reason(s):

• 002 : Component sap.com/LMNWAUIFRMRK cannot be updated to higher SP level

• 005 : Component sap.com/LMNWAUIFRMRK is part of the following usage type: BASIC;

I have read the SAP note 1641062 given by you and still we are unable to upgrade theLMNWAUIFRMRK.

Due to the lower version of LMNWAUIFRMRk we are not able to open the NWA session for  portal system

Let me know if possible solutions on how to upgrade  LMNWAUIFRMRk so that nwa will open....

We have rasied message to SAP too and did the same thing vai JSPM and SAP replied by saying that for netweaver 7.1 and higher , JSPM is not supported so we are using SUM tool

Ssystem details:EP 7.31,pure java stack,oracle 11.2,SunOS 5.10

Regards

Ram

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

In the past we have used the JSPM for this purpose but now

JSPM is no longer supported in SAP NetWeaver 7.3 and higher releases.

Regards,

Gaurav

Haroon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

Please find the below:

KBA 1837305 - SCA provided using Manually Prepared Directory rejected or ignored by SUM tool during validation or while scaning

You can't update software component which are mentioned in UTL with manually prepared download directory you have use the stack xml file to update the same.

You can also use the deploy controller

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(JSTSG)(Telnet)DeployController+Commands

Feedback pls..

Thanks

Haroon Rasheed

AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Haroon !!!!!

Let me know if deploy controller can be used and let me know will i need stackxml file again if i proceed for deploy controller tool also....

Can you educate me step by step on how to use deploy controller as it is very new one for me and should i need to install anything ??

I will follow the link u have provided too and i will try my level best!!!!!

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Let me know how to install the deploy controller service in EP 7.31 with Solaris 5.10 and Oracle 11.2

Regards

Ram

Haroon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

you have to connect to the deploy controller via cmd

telnet 5<Inst nr>08

Then you will be prompted for the administrator user and password in case JAVA stack only or you have mention j2ee_admin in case of dual stack..

Then follow the wiki link as it has detailted steps as well.

Hope this information helps.Feedback pls.

Thanks

Haroon Rasheed

AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haroon & Everybody,

Kindly apologize for my mistake.I had a word with Portal team as i had confusion if the system is  EP7.0 or  EP 7.3 .Then after checking the system information , i came to know that this system is EP7.31

I launched the JSPM tool and one component update is going now!!!

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Done the upgrade using JSPM tool and am able to open NWA !!!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

Regards

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Let me know if there are any links or PDF documents for one component upgrade using SUM tool!!!

Regards

Ram