cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Locking in DP jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have DP RELEASE SNP JOB which suddenly starts failing everyday due to user locking. Earlier there was no issues.

Now query is Why did the user locking happened for the job in case the user is in display mode.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankit Bassi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

When the users are there in display mode the job should not fail. The background job fails when the user locks the data (CVC) which is being used by the background job. To avoid failing of background jobs you can implement a Z program to lock and unlock users when DP batch processes are running in background or you can make use of the BADI  /sapapo/sdp_interactive; method DVIEW_DISPLAY_MODE_SET.

You can even overcome this by sending an email at the start of the process chain to all users to exit the planning area so that the loads can be completed. Once the load is completed, the

last process triggers another email to the users that the Planning area is available for use.

You may have to give a delay time between the Process that sends the email and the process that first accesses the Planning area data so that there is enough time for the email to be sent by the SMTP process (usually the send job is scheduled for every five minutes in a production system but you will have to check with your BASIS guys) and for the users to read the email and exit the Planning area.

Thanks,

Diana

former_member209023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Diana,

I appreciate your detailed suggestions and I planning to go ahead with suggestions your made in earlier post.

Do you have any idea about the possible impact on the system if we implement your above suggestions.

I am new to APO and just recently switched from R/3.

I appreciate your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello NP,

If you are implementing the Badi in that case you should make sure to make it back to change mode once the process chain is completed so that the users can access the planning book again. I dont see any impact due to the above implementation.

Thanks,

Diana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

First as Diana said, you'll need to make sure all users are not processing the data during DP background job run.

Sometimes liveCache lock may remain incorrectly and unexpectedly due to process termination.

If you encounter locking error in DP processing, first check lock table SM12. If there's nothing relevant in SM12, there still maybe some undeleted liveCache locks. You can delete liveCache locks with the reports:

- SLCA_LCK_SYNCHOWNERS

- /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_OLD_SIMSESS

Best Regards,

Ada