cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC and RFC/PROXY Scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to practice IDOC or RFC Scenarios if you only have access to the XI System? So you have XI abap and Java but no R/3 System...

Can someone tell me how I can practice IDOC and RFC scenarios please

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to practive IDOC & RFC scenarios with XI's abap stack as sender & receiver of IDOCs and RFCs with the "XI" in the middle....

However, the problem might be the IDocs & RFCs might have to be created from scratch to test these out....

If you have some IDOcs that you can use in XI abap stack, have the program that generates this IDOc and when(if) XI abap stack receives this, the processing module to process this IDoc...

Similarly, the RFC FM has to be available on XI ABAP so that it can bhe invoked from the RFC interface..

Thanks.

Message was edited by:

Renjith Andrews

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it is possible to make an IDOC from scratch?

Or can you import them from somewhere...

Actually... What about if we get an IDES system.... will that have IDOC and RFC's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

<i>What about if we get an IDES system.... will that have IDOC and RFC's?</i> - if you get an IDES system, then you can create a ZTABLE in it and a Customized IDOC for it and an ABAP exectuable report to trigger the IDOC.......

Then you can connect XI to IDES and test your IDOC scenario.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

This interesting that you say it is not possible... Because I am doing a scenario where my XI system is in fact the Target System for my RFC to RFC scenario...

My sender is an R/3 system though.... Maybe that makes a difference..

But I would of thought that if you could use XI as a target system of an RFC then you could also use it as a source system?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

<i>Is there a way to practice IDOC or RFC Scenarios if you only have access to the XI System</i> - No, this is not possible because in XI, you will not have the IDOC because those IDOCs will be in some function module of R/3 like MM, FI, SD etc......so when you dont have R/3 then you dont have any of these modules......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible