cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Requisition web service Through SAP PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I suppose to make one web service which will be exposing data of purchase requisition to other system through Pi 7.0 web service. I think the scenario will be Soap TO Rfc. The requirement is that when a functional consultant will make  PR and after saving it, that PR automatically expose to other party through SAP PI. Can anybody help me what is the best way of doing it? DO i need to use Soap to RFc scanerio? For this, i will also need to enhance ME51N (Tcode by which PR develop), because as soon as we press the save button or release button in PR, the PI web service will be triggered automatically and expose the data to other party. I am new to PI. Kindly help me what is the best way of doing this?

Thanks

Regards

Ch.Imran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

As you are going extend the IDOC for PR, then you can use:

1. SOAP to IDOC Extended with Asynchronous.

2. SOAP to RFC Extended with Asynchronous / Syn but here you need to handle new fields in ABAP FM.

3. SOAP to Proxy syn / Asyn , create custom IDOC and post the same in onlbound proxy.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kanchan,

Thanks very much for your reply. Actually, data will be pushing to other party through PI web service.As soon as we release PR, the PR data will also go to other party automatically. Everyday we me hundreds of PR, so it is not possible that the other party ping our system all the time. So the best solution is that as soon as we release PR, the data will go their automatically. I gave few questions and i will much appreciate if you answer these.

1). what would be the ideal scenario for this integration? So said SOAP to IDOC. DO we need to develop IDOC as well or is there any standard IDOC can be used to transfer data?

2) Do i need to make any enhancement in ME51N (PR creation TCODE)?

3) How will i tell PI that as soon as PR is released, send data to web service? I mean how will i make this automatic?

4) KIndly explain little more about how can i do this through SOAP to proxy n SOAP to RFC?

i m new to PI and your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards