cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to cancel the Operative indicator selection once project released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS Guru's

I have one issue, by mistake i selected the "Operative indicator as "Billing element" and i release the project at higher level and posted all actual costs. As per my settlement profile, my entire cost is settled to "FXA". when i am going to settle my cost system throw an error message.Settlement from revenues / debit side down payments to receiver FXA is not allowed.

Now my question is how i can deselect the Billing element operative indicator from my lowest level wbs element. Please suggest me about on this.

My projects are purely capital investment projects.

regards

JK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you posted any revenues to the WBS where you  want to remove the billing indicator?

If not then system will not stop you from removing the indicator.. Is the field greyed out??

the dirty fix would be to go to PRPS and remove the flag..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

Greetings for the Day!!!!

Thanks for the reply, table level access is not suggestable to the client and users, other than table level accessing is there any method to remove the check box selection of operative indicators of Planning element and Billing element. These two indicators will be greyed out immediately once you saved the project / wbs.

regards

JK

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

You can ask your technical person to develop a correction report which will remove the check from the DB for these wbs elements..

You can test the same in Development system before provide access to this report to end users..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the functionality Billing element operative indicator was used for booking the Revenue to the WBS object . It doesn't deals with the actual cost , And for Actual cost : Acct Assignment Element operative indicator  will be used .

But in your scenario , even though it was released at top level , it will not have any impact on child wbs.

Since  each WBS element will have the option of selection of operative indicators. So it is not mandatory for the each element should be an billing ind. So you can try to remove the check box option of  Billing  element , Still if system was not allowing ,to remove mean try to reverse the revenue that was posted against for that particular wbs. object.

I hope it might be helpful.

Regards,

vrkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi VRKumar,

thanks for your reply, but as per standard SAP practices, after assigning the Operative indicators like Planning element and Billing element, we can't reverse the settings once your changes are saved.

regards

JK