cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all

Have got some queries on background planning of CIF please.

1) In the RIMODAC2 program what is the importance of the ' Scheduling Horizon' - Created On and Time' fields ?

Assuming we are CIFing only the Materials.

Is it that if we are planning to run CFM1 per week then the above fields should be Current date - 6 days to cover all the Materials created in that week ?

But logically speaking the Model will not pick the objects on dates , it will pick on the selection criteria.

So , what is this used for ?

2) If we have a PDS CIF transfer per month and in between we change the Recipe in ECC. How can we plan it to CIF in APO ?

3) After the PDS is transferred , how are the TIMES maintained in Recipe transferred to the PDS ? We can see Activity Duration F and V. What are these fields and what logic is used to populate these Activity Durations ?

4) If we have NOT created any Integration model manually ( running on the background jobs only ) then we need not use Deletion of CIF models. Are we right ?

Thank you in advance for your efforts.

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Pl check my responses to your queries below.

1. RIMODAC2 (t.code CFM3) allows you to alter the run time objects in delta mode i.e. only new additions to the existing active integration model are considered. The scheduling horizon date and time fields further help you to CIF these new additions selectively. If you schedule this program during weekend and wish to CIF only those new materials that were created during week days, this filter is helpful.

2. You can use t.code CURTO_CREATE (in ECC) to CIF PDS to APO on ad-hoc basis. The other t.code PDS_MAINT allows you to modify the PDS (for instance, run rates) without impacting the master recipes.

3. The machine time and base quantity used in the recipe is used to define the run rate for PDS i.e. variable capacity requirements (for instance X sec to produce Y cases). This varies based on the order size. The fixed capacity requirements are derived from the setup activity that does not change with the order size.

4. Considering a production environment and your team follows the best practices, then there is no need to delete CIF integration models. If you do so, the regeneration and activation of integration model takes significant amount of time to CIF all the data (subject to the filters used in model definition).

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh

Thanks for the clear and detailed reply. To understand point 1 your reply - If you schedule this program during weekend and wish to CIF only those new materials that were created during week days, this filter is helpful.

The filter - you mean the DATES that i referred to , right ? I can set up dynamic dates.

How do these Dates work ?

Say we give one weeks dates ( from and to ) .

Initially the model will pick all the materials related to the Selection screen , say MRP type = X0.

Then , within the materials selected , will the model pick only those materials that were created between the week that has been defined ?

Thanks.

Best Regards

KK

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Yes you can set the dynamic dates, while setting background job with this, if you set the filter to select only weekdays in from and to then model will pick only those materials which were created during the weekdays.

Rgds

Sourabh

Answers (0)