cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LP24: Width of Columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how can I influence the with of the listed columns in the transaction LP24? Some of the values are longer than the column width and not shown completely.

best regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

it looks like the column with optimization truncates quantity fields which content length depend on a unit at runtime.

To get a workaround:

Create an implicit enhancement at end of this form and add code

CLEAR: XS_LAYOUT-COLWIDTH_OPTIMIZE

This disables CW optimize it and it looks fine then.

You can check it in debugger with your values by clearing this field before you code it.

Regards,

Matthias

*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*
*&      Form  SET_LAYOUT_ALV
*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*
*       Subroutine to set the layout for ALV
*----------------------------------------------------------------------
*      <--XS_LAYOUT
FORM SET_LAYOUT_ALV  CHANGING XS_LAYOUT TYPE SLIS_LAYOUT_ALV.

XS_LAYOUT-COLWIDTH_OPTIMIZE     = GC_X.
   XS_LAYOUT-COLTAB_FIELDNAME      = GC_CELL_COLOR.
   XS_LAYOUT-BOX_FIELDNAME           = 'SELKZ'.                "n_1417181
* !!!!!! Create enhancement here
ENDFORM.                    " SET_LAYOUT_ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I tried it in the debugger and it works! 🙂

For all which have the same issue: The form is located in the program RLLNACH4.

I have still an open ticket at SAP. If this will lead to a new sap note than I will post this to inform the community.

best regards

Andreas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it's a new sap note available, now. Please see # 1865731

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the note is good for LP24 but I would think it is a issue in ALV calculating the column width, because removing the QUANTITY attribute in LP24's fieldcatalog may influence the format of shown data which may bad for other users. So we will see if this note remains unchanged over time ...

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers, I have read the answer from Matthias - so will give that a try - I posted my last question before that response but for some reason took 5 days to get moderator approved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would also like to know this - as it seems to only use the Base Unit of Measure and this means the numbers are so big they don't display.  But this means that it looks like the Req. qty looks like is 000 - luckily as it is highlighted in red I know that means it does require replenishment. 

So this is what my data looks like - so materials 300011, 300014 and 300016 require replenishment. 

Stor. Bin Material Bin/TR qty Req. qty S BUn Msg.No.

300011   54000.000  *000.000 X EA
            300013   182500.000   0.000    EA
            300014       0.000  *000.000 X EA
            300016   85500.000  *000.000 X EA

If I can't change the width of the columns is there anyway to display in a different unit of measure? WM for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victoria,

good to hear that I'm not alone with this issue. I had have already open a ticket (351637) at SAP but since one week I hadn't heard anything. I will post the final SAP response regarding this ticket.

best regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Did you ever hear anything further on this?  Also you don't happen to know why if I run LP21 for fixed bins I get multiple TR created but for LP24 for random space management I get just one TR? I would have thought they should work a similar way.

Cheers,

Vic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vic,

a workaround is available and described by Matthias. See below in the thread. So far from SAP I haven't a solution.

I don't know why LP21 and LP24 acts different regarding TR. Any user exit active?  You may open an seperate topic at the SCN.

best regards

Andreas