cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in excise invoice number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have faced a peculiar kind of problem. Need your advice.

After the start of new fiscal year excise invoice number ranges has been changed for both domestic & export procedures. After the start of new fiscal year client started to process the invoices( excise invoices are created manually with reference to commercial invoice through j1iin). At first domestic excise invoices were getting processed. After 10 or so invoices or posted with correct no ranges 2 documents get posted with export number range which was left unused till then. After the all the documents were reversed or cancelled I instructed to repeat the process again. This time the excise documents were generated with domestic number range. After export excise invoice started getting posted the issue did not occur.

Can anyone guide me as to how this issue came to be?

Moderator Message: Please use Internationalization and Unicode for CIN related queries.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We configure excise number ranges based on excise and series grps. For same series grp you can not have different number range for same object but you can have same number range for different object. i dont see anything wrong provided you supplied us correct information.

You can check same in DEV systems. The issue must be with some user error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have identified the problem. It was some error in system. In this case the scenario is differentiated by different sub transaction type. After saving an export excise invoice user presses back button. Then he changes the sub transaction type (putting the required for domestic invoice) but the system doesn't register this. Thus while saving the invoice export number range is used.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Have you customized your invoice number range? If yes then how and where?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mozzam,

I haven't customized the number range. I have used standard SAP objects for local & export no ranges. The objects are -

1)J1IEXCEXP-Export number range

2)J1IEXCLOC-Local number range

Series group for both objects are same

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Series group for both objects are same

If I am correct, after keying in the relevant object in SNUM, system will ask for Series Group.  This means, you will have to differentiate the Series Group for Export and Domstic.  I dont have access to SAP and hence, not sure on this.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Series group usually remains different. But in this case client requires same series group in both domestic & export sales. There wasn't any problem during previous years. I want to know the plausible reasons for this situation that has arose this year.