Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP:Linking of DMS to objects of other module

former_member591922
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anybody tell me ...how to link between DMS and objects of other module....

I am using DC10 transaction but on assigning Document type to objects ..I am not able to find any attachment symbol/sign

on those objects transactions.

Suppose I have assigned document type E01 to Object PSPR for WBS element in order to link Project system to DMS,but I

am not able to get from where I would attach the document in CJ20n transaction screen.

Quick answer would be appreciable.

Regards

Karan Varshney

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Here you need to check your configuration setting in DC10 whether you have maintain the object PRPS in 'define object links'.

After this setting create a document with same document type and maintain WBS element in object link field.

Then go to the CJ20n,

Select the WBS element used as a object link  from the project worklist in the left hand side and click on the document overview button, you will get your document.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Choose document type BVO. It is a special document type that supports WBS element as object link.. In "define object links" (DC10) choose the object "PRPS" . Make necessary settings and enter "1" for "WhenNewVersion" and "Create Document". Select "additional functions".

Go CJ20N select project and then select WBS element. You will see a document overview" button under yellow triangle. near your reed icons at the right.

You can than select create button and create your document for the WBS element..

Regards..

Ömür

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto DC10 select ur document type and click on define object links in the left hand side of ur screen and the screen opens select the unused objects and delete. Now go to CV01N and goto object links u will the objects u needed

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Suppose I have assigned document type E01 to Object PSPR for WBS element in order to link Project system to DMS,but I am not able to get from where I would attach the document in CJ20n transaction screen.

You will need to use CV01 to create a DMS document using document type E01 and then link it to object link for WBS element. These attachments can be seen in CJ20N transaction screen.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member591922
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Could you Elaborate the same.I have done the same but its not reflecting...

please  tell me to which Project/WBS it will get attach as we are not defining any Project definition nor WBS.

Regards

Karan Varshney

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

You need to maintain object links for your document type first using DC10.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Hope your query is answered ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori