Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reopen hybrid apps from HWC in iOS platform

pan_jittibophit2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We've been developing a HTML5 / Hybird app using Sencha Touch and it has been very good so far

Now, I just have a concern the way HWC behaving.... when I closed HWC container by pressing home button on an iOS platform and opened it again, it looks like the HWC will always return to start page of the HWC (the screen which shows list of apps available)

Just wondering is there any ways that when reopening the HWC, the latest screen of a Hybrid app is returned instead of the initial screen of HWC itself....

Thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing from anyone

Cheers,

Pan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been thinking about this one for a bit.   The apps in the App Store do not have any options available, but the HWC container source is installed with the SDK for any customizations. 

I'm not in a position to test now, but it might be possible to edit the *Info.plist (in 2.1.3 SUPWorkFlows-Info.plist) and change UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend to false. 

As I said, I have not been able to test, but this should be a good start.  I recommend testing as there may be some other areas that may benefit from updates as well.

Edgar

pan_jittibophit2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

Thank you for your information. I'm not an iOS developer expert so I thought this solution would be tricky but your suggestion definitely works!!!!!!

I'm using SUP 2.2 so a plist file changed to HWC-info.plist. I change a key  UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend (Application does not run in background) to NO. Then it worked like a charm

I'll do more testing on that to ensure this change wouldn't cause any drama.....

Thanks again for the invaluable info

Regards,

Pan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pan,

i have the same issue and now i am just glad that there is a solution for that. As I am not an IOS Developer, I have no idea what to do after i changing the source code. I guess i need to compile the app? Do i need a MAC for that ? Do i need to have a developer license ?

How can i a deploy the app to the IOS Devices? We are not using any device management system so far ...

Thanks for the help

Regards,

Wadimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you would need to compile the application.  This will require a MAC and you will need a developer license.

As for deployment, I believe you could set it up as an "Enterprise Application".  You can then use the iPhone Configuration Utility or iTunes to manually deploy, or you might be interested in use Afaria for device management and deployment.  Afaria should help simplify the process as well as give you Device Management.

Edgar

pan_jittibophit2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wadimir,

Welcome to the club...... Please look at this topic to get more idea

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDistributionGuide/Introduct...

You should googling about "how to distribute iOS app for beginners" or something like that. Then you will have more idea how to get it work.

Best of luck,

Pan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pan_jittibophit2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Any suggestions??