cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Management Consistency Check SAME_USER for an Admin Change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all!

We have changed our Admin Change (ZMAD0001) Partner Procedure to add partners Developer and Tester and also added 'To Be Tested' and 'Successfully Tested' statuses on the ZMADHEAD status profile. We wanted the Consistency Check of SAME_USER, which works admirably on Normal Changes, to be applied for specific statuses to the Admin Change as well but it doesn't trigger.

Is the SAME_USER Consistency Check supposed to work only on Normal Changes or should it be working on our custom ZMAD transaction type and I have something configured incorrectly?

Thanks!

Paul Maraijko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you included the condition SAME_USER for the ZMAD status that you want to be checked in the Conditions table?

Take a look at this thread https://scn.sap.com/thread/1976675.

Go to IMG activity "Make settings for Change Transaction Types->Assign Consistency Checks" and include SAME_USER for ZMAD status.

Then, go to "Specify Partner Assignment and Check", in the same activity.

Fill the field 4-Eyes Principle Control Partner Function for ZMAD. (Look at SMMJ and SMHF)

Here is the explanation of the field "4-Eyes Principle Control Partner Function" .

Partner Function for Four Eyes Principle

Specifies the business partner to which the system compares the business partner of the current user (defined in SY-UNAME). If the two business partners are the same, the condition is not fulfilled.

Dependencies

This function is only available in change request management. A business partner must be assigned to the user. The condition SAME_USER must be assigned to the transaction type.

Example

Tester and developer should not be the same business partners

I am using SolMan 7.1 SP8.

Best regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raquel,

Thanks for the quick response. I was not aware the the 'Use Partner Functions' under the 'Make Settings for Change Transaction Types' configuration did a duplicate partner function check. I assumed the 'Assign Conditions to Status Values' under 'Consistency' configuration was used for that. I'm not sure I understand how these two differ or work together but the recommended configuration worked fine for me.

We are on SP05 and I do not see 'Make settings for Change Transaction Types->Assign Consistency Checks' or 'Specify Partner Assignment and Check' in SPRO. Are these newer SP related?

Thanks

Paul

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make settings for Change Transaction Types->Assign Consistency Checks is the same as 'Assign Conditions to Status Values' under 'Consistency'. The advantage of using the Make settings activity is that it puts everything together, so you select one transaction type and see many configs for it:

Here you see the Assign Consistency Checks below Make settings:

In this part of Make settings there is the area for setting the partner assignment (when you want to have a partner automatically filled with current processor when a status is saved, and the partner check for same user.

Depending on the SP, you will not see the same as in this last picture, but you will find Use Partner Function and then you will have 2 different fields, Partner To and Partner From, but it's the same 4-eyes principle.

You need both configs, the SAME_USER as a condition and this 4-eyes configuration to make the check work.

I hope I could clarify your doubts.

Best regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raquel,

Thanks again for the quick and informative response. With your clear explanation, I now understand this configuration and understand how the two configurations are both needed and work together. One reason I was confused was SP05 must be a bit different than SP08 in the naming of some the steps and column labels:

Kindest regards

Paul Maraijko

Answers (0)