cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Java DC local build and compilation fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a track with a number of  WD Java DCs being used for past 2 years.

Recently, on creating a local project for a DC on the track, the local build and compilation failed with the below build error: Experiencing this for a first time.

D\<workspace name>.jdi\0\t\9B55D1A829B10F9CFABBD6408711EAEF\classes\com\............<Component Controller Name>.$WDActionEventHandler.class (The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable)
     [javac] ERROR:   public final class WDActionEventHandler extends com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.gci.impl.GCIActionEventHandlerEnum
     [javac] ERROR:                ^
     [javac] WARNING: Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
     [javac] WARNING: Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
     [javac] WARNING: Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
     [javac] WARNING: Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
     [javac] 1 error

The DC status shows no error in the webdynpro explorer view, but in the DI view of NWDS, the DC has a red broken symbol with status as "last build failed" in component properties of the DC.

If i remove the DC from local client, the error symbol disappears, but everytime i create the project it reappears again.

This DC is dependent on many other DCs and none of them have any issues. In addition - this DC was checked in and activated 3 weeks ago without any issues.

From then till now a number of other DCs on which the error DC depended were checked out, edited and checked in / activated successfully.

Now recently when i try to create project of this DC to make some changes I face all these issues.

I tried removing/deleting all DCs from local client, stopping and starting NWDS, then again creating projects but that also doesnt work.

PS : This DC has two components - just fyi..

Any pointers would be appreciated! Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe the file path is too long