Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IdM - Self Service password reset

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Has anyone configured the Self-service password reset option yet?

I have a question that the documentation doesn't answer. We plan on using the IdM on our SAP landscape which would involve at least 9 seperate systems, meaning the Dev, QA and Prod systems for BW 3.5, CRM 2007 & ECC.

My question is if we have a user that has access to all these systems, but only needs to reset their password in 1 of them. How does the Self-service password reset option know which system that user's id is locked in or would it be resetting the password in every one of the systems?

Ken

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

If I understand correctly, if a user have access to BW 3.5, CRM 2007 & ECC  in PRD system,you want he  to be able to reset himself only in one of them.

To do so, you can make separate UI task for password reset of each system.

Just in your UI task for password reset in  tab Options (Repository) - set the correct repository for the system you want the user to be reset. This way each user will see in the UI all tree sistem for password reset(if he has the permissions to see them, if he has access in them) and will be able to choose between them.

BR,

Simona

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Simona

This sounds logical I will test this out.

But by doing this would the End User have to answer the authorization questions for each system independently (multiple times)? I can see a definite problem with the users having access to all of the systems. Although they would remember their answers after repeating them 9 or more times at sign up.

Ken

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's right. Users would have to repeat the same process if they want to change the password for say 2 systems out of the 9. Its a quick and easy way to get it up and running without much customization.

But if you want to eliminate this repetition, the ideal way would be to customize the UI (some thig like this which comes as part of RDS)

Cheers,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali!

Great your answer... I would like to know if you has a example about this customizing... I configured the reset password (self-servisse) but, I have four system in my landscape... So, I need customizing the reset password, where the user select the system to reset the password...

Can you shared a example, please?

Thanks and regards.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Unfortunately, I do not have a working example right now. Will post it once I get a chance.

Cheers

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali!

Have you been able to post this task? I'm trying to implement something similar.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

If you need more custom solution, you can check my blog on this subject :

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali/All,

I am trying to implement password reset with option to select repositories as your above screenshot shows. I have copied it below as well.

I am not able to get user's all repositories dynamically using webdynpro UI.

SQL query in Attribute values tab does not help.

Does it need extension framework class or how it can be implemented ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Pradeep

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

did you have a look at the value help settings of that task in RDS? You basically put an SQL filter as value help that provides you the information needed, but I wonder why you would not just use the one from RDS, are you on 8.0?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I am using IDM8.0 .

I don't find RDS for 8.0. Is it there ?

Kind Regards,

Pradeep

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

not its not available yet. Here is the statement for the value help you are looking for:

SELECT SUBSTRING(attrname,8,30) AS repositories FROM idmv_value_basic WHERE attrname LIKE 'ACCOUNT%' AND mskey = %USERMSKEY% ORDER BY attrname

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Norman,

Thank you very much. 🙂

This works for me in IDM 8.0.

Kind Regards,

Pradeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting question. I think it would reset the password in all the connected systems.

As per the documentation on attribute MX_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD :

This is a default attribute of the MX_PERSON entry type and contains the user's encrypted

password. The same password is used in all connected systems, so the defined password policy

must comply with all systems

As part of IdM RDS solution, there is an option to reset password system dependently.

Cheers,

Murali.