cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing old AS JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have a problem with connection to a new AS Java Server. I had IDM 7.2 install before with the AS JAVA 7.3 (Server 1) and it was working perfectly.

Now that 90 days license of the AS Java expires, I re-installed AS JAVA Server into a different server (Server 2). I configured the settings which were described here: https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001233082010E

JDBC & the .Sca files were deployed. After which I started my IDM Link which was http://server2:50000/idm and all the settings I had from the old AS Java server were there.

I did an initial load for the new AS Java and I'm getting an error: Failed storing PRIV:RepositoryName:ONLY & Failed storing SYSTEM:RepositoryName:ONLY

What could be the cause of this error?

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tin re - just to clarify are you trying to connect the IdM database to the new server to as as the UI (was this successful) ? In terms of the initial load increase the dispatcher trace to debug level and reproduce and check the log. You should then see what is causing the issue i.e. any connection problems etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christopher for your quick response. That is right, I am trying to connect the IdM database to the new server.

Yes I can login now to the user interface, can you please guide me where I can see the logs? Thanks

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tin Re,

in the initial load job in the MMC UI  you will see a job log. Check this for any entries marked red here and see if there are any errors mentioned.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah that one yes there is:

One example is this and there are lots

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tin Re - did you create a new repository in the MMC UI when you migrated to the new server or use the old entry ? Were the users on the old server migrated to the new server ? The pass here is trying to create the master privilege for the AS Java but it looks like it may already exist causing a failure possibly...

If the new AS Java server is completely new with a new set of users then create a new repository with new unique master privilege (not PRIV:ASJAVASERVER:ONLY) and run the initial load for this.

thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher - Yes I created a new repository in the MMC UI pointing to the new AS JAVA Server.

Regarding the users, when I logged in to the user interface and search for the "Person" under Manage yes the users are still there.

Is this what you meant? (see image)

Do I need to create a new  SAP_MASTER_IDS_ID or can I just simply change this into a new number let's say "2"?

Do I need to recreate the dispatcher?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is now resolved. Thanks for the help