cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hdbschema is not visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am following the development video HANA Native Development -- Exercise 2: Creating database objects via the repository  and I got stuck with several questions at the step where it makes a new schema under the project folder.

I made the schema as instructed, committed and activated it without error. But, it is not getting displayed under catalog in navigator preference tab. I refreshed the project several times and tried closing and opening the hana studio completely, but nothing helped me.

My question-

1) Is the schema actually created and is somehow not visible to me? reasoning lies- I could activate it and cannot reuse the same name when I try to create another schema. Also, I can create table under that schema that too without error.

2) The hdbtable file which I created, is available under catalog > Public synonyms. The question is WHY? Also, the table name has the complete path of the schema that i created and wonder where it is lying.

3) I had added the system initially, and when I tried to create a hdbtable under that schema, i could see the table in that schema as well as under public synonyms. WHY again?

I am really getting confused with all these and I wish if I could reach directly to the mentor Thomas Jung.

Please help me guys.

Thanks,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like the schema is there but you don't have the right role to see it.  Go to security and find your user and look at what roles are assigned.  There should be one with the schema name that you created like YOURSCHEMA_SELECT.  As for the synonym it's like an alias. ie: just a pointer to the real table.

-Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I have three roles- 'content_admin', 'Modelling' and 'Public'

How do I add the one with schema name_select which you mentioned?

Thanks,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the screen print of my user 'SYSTEM'. Hopefully this shall give a better picture to analyze if something is wrong with my role or user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i have got what I was looking for

schemas 11 to 14 are the ones which i created. Can anybody help me out with changing the privileges below?

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On our SYSTEM user we have a role for SCHEMA_USER_ADMIN.  If you click the Plus sign under Granted Roles tab and then type the name of your schema do you get a list of roles to choose from? 

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go back to the users tab under security and open up _SYS_REPO user.  Next click on the SQL Privileges tab.  Click the PLUS sign and type in the name of the schema you want to add.  On the right side of screen you can then assign various privileges such as SELECT.

-Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not get any roles in the matching items text area when I type in my schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now this is really strange-

It could not search for my schema when i search from Users. And apparently it could search the same when I proceed via _SYS_REPO but when I try to grant privileges, it again says that the schema does not exist

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You need to go onto the next videos in this elearning series.  Later we show you how to create a role with access to this schema. 

When you create catalog objects via the repository, it is the user _SYS_REPO who activates and owns these objects.  By default no other user will automatically have visibility or access to these runtime objects.  Therefore you must always create a role via .hdbrole to have access to these objects.  Only _SYS_REPO can grant access to them. Therefore you need a role which was created by _SYS_REPO in order to access them.  The repository role conception also creates a role which via _SYS_REPO.  If you go onto Exercise 3 in this eLearning series, all of these concepts are explained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent

All my questions got answered.

Answers (0)