SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS-Retail Basics

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am an MM consutlant and i am new to IS retail. I would like to ask what are the main differences and key aspects between the MM module i know and the challenges with IS-Retail.

I know that the material is an article in Retail and the Plant is a Site, nut apart from that the whole logic is different.

I would appreciate your help.

BR

9 REPLIES 9

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In an article (tcodes MM41/MM42/MM43) you can mantain other master data related with MM(info record, and so on) some conditions for sale (pricing for sales in shops) and data related with assortment. For further info, see SAP Note 1227242 - FAQ: Differences between material master & article master and the article  "Article Master Data of ERP Retail -Deep Dive into Some Secrets"   by   Björn Panter and Axel Woelkein in this link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2086.

Related with sites. You can create and modify them in production enviroment with tcode WB01 / WB02. Related with sites you can have two classes: shops and distribution centers. Newly, you manage data related with assortments, price list, POS profile (determine the pricing procedure for invoices type FP, think that you don't do the sales with the flow SO, delivery, invoice, you create an invoice with a file from the POS devices, usually with the IDOC WPUUMS).

Of course, all this is a general consideration.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

thank you very much Eduardo.

As i see, the article master data is different than the material master data. I suppose tha t in a retail system i have to go through MM41/42/43 in order to manage articles and not through MM01/02/03.

In procurement we have the procurement cycle and inventory management in order to manage stock. In the retail system is there a bysiness cycle (like in MM PR->PO->GR->IR). Do we manage stock.

Finally, do you know a document that is hepful to easily understand the basics of a retail system?

thank you in advance

0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

I believe this link could help you in understanding Retail in detail.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/12/0841a2470311d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

Hope this is helpful!

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you both for your help. I am reading the new staf. I have one question. I create for example a bonus buy. How can i test what i have created. For e.x in MM i create a BOM or a variant configuration and through a PO i can check how the system reacts. In Retail how can this be done?

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of All you have to use the transaction code W10T for accessing "SAP RETAIL Easy Access Menu" and then on, its the same how you check in MM,

Browse through the SAP Menu, you will get a better idea.

Regards

Venkatesh

0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

Bonus Buy is nothing but Promotions (for various Multi-pack and different merchandising offers)

Steps to create Bonus Buy in IS Retail environment

• Go to transaction WAK1
  • Go to Environment - Article Groping - Create
  • Note: Article grouping can be for a Single Article or for a Merchandising Category based on your business processes.
  • Go to Bonus Buy tab in the promotion change mode screen and then you can enter various Discount types

The bonus buy screen in the promotion module is basically divided into two divisions Prerequisite Column and Benefit Column.

Regards - Muralidhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

There are major differences between IS retail and Material management.

First of all MM is a part of ECC along with other modules, but in case of IS Retail, its a complete package which consists of many related modules and its obvious many modules have be exempted like PP,PM etc.,

What you have to understand is basic understanding of Retail business process and try to understand from that view point, you could read some case studies on Retail.

As i have mentioned before IS-Retail is a combination of MM and SD plus other functionalities specially developed for the retail industry  which usually not available in ECC such as:

Promotions

Pricing

Assortments

Merchandise category

Seasons

Clasification

Shop in Shop

Article Hierachy

Point of Sale.

etc..

Thanks and Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Can anyone let me know how to maintain production version of BOM in Article Master? For Material Master we can do the same in MRP4 view and we have a button of Prod Version there however I dont see any such button in Article Master.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

You can use transaction C233 to create production version for articles.

However i have not used it so far, and so will not be able to provide you finer details on the same.

Regards,

Avneet