cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading directly from PCo?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a pretty basic question, and hopefully it has a simple answer:

How can I read values out of PCo using something other than MII?

I am wanting to know so that I can troubleshoot possible PCo problems better in the future. We had some apparent PCo problems recently, and I didn't know how to identify whether they were truly problems with PCo or with something else, e.g., MII's PCoConnector settings.

We have:
MII 12.2.4 Build(92) on a Linux server
which connects to
PCo 2.2 (2.203.1195.1058 Patch level 32808) on a Windows 2008 server
which connects to
FactoryTalk Gateway, an OPC DA server (OPC-DA 2.05a) running on the same Windows 2008 server

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Can you describe what the issues with PCo were?

There is a diagnostic tool that is available that can connect to an Agent Instance and send Query requests to the agent.  However, the PCo/MII logs are usually sufficient for diagnosing issues.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

The actual problem is described in a different thread I just opened up. I will attach logs in that other thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3345161

I also opened up another threads (so three threads total) for advice on a PCo configuration change I could make:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3345160

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I ask more about the diagnostic tool you mentioned?

Is it something I'd be allowed to download, or is it not for public release?

If the former, how do I download it?

I take your point that logs can be more important than that tool, and I'll post logs in the future when applicable...

But even so, I don't want to be without a potentially helpful diagnostic tool just because I didn't ask for it.

Greg

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg,

Please contact me directly about this.

Regards, Steve