Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.3 BPM - invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 403 Forbidden

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am following william li's blog for bpm scenario in PI 7.3 single stack.

I have soap receiver channel for sending PI message to BPM.

target url -http://localhost:port/MessagingSystem/receive/JPR/XI

used logon data for non sap system ,gave user id and password.

But in comm channel monitoring the error is coming as :

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException:

java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 403 Forbidden

Please advise on it.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I Am facing same issue now. Can you share the solution for the issue?

Regards,

mani

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Praveen please check the role assigned to the user which used in the receiver SOAP communication channel also please make sure that the same user is having the SAP_BPM_TRIGGER_EVENT role to invoke the BPM.

Thanks

Pavan

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just faced the same issue and I resolved myself.

Solution:-The configured user in SOAP receiver channel for BPM should have role: SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the receiver channle

1. check the don't use soap envelope

2.add the module messagetransform bean

transform.contenttype=text/xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe your issue is caused by the message content.

If you are using restictions in your data type like maxLenght or xsd:integer instead of string and your test message (or the response from BPM) does not fit with your definition, you receive this error message.

Regards,

Chris

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

This issue occurs sporadically.The interface worked initially and all of sudden you will get this error. As I mentioned earlier, if you check the error log on JPR bean, this is what you'll see.

PI JPR monitoring shows error status for JPR bean with message like: Error calling servlet method getStatus(): Cannot find session xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for bean instance com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.StatefulInstanceIdentity@xxxx.

Possible reasons: 1) The session has timed out OR 2) An error has been

thrown by the bean instance and it has been discarded OR 3) The bean has

been explicitely removed. Note that any errors related to this bean

instance could be foud in default server traces. ; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.session.SessionNotFoundException:

I'm not sure if OP had the same issue as well, but I had this issue. There are basically two options:

- Restart the PI server (Quick, but not long term solution), this will re-instantiate the EJB session and the error will be gone.

- Apply the note

Thanks,

Justin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

I guess in that case you should implement the SAP note.

Instead of restarting the complete system, you can try to restart only the service(s) (NWA:Operations - Start&Stop - Java Services -> Filter for ejb).

That is no permanent solution  but it is faster than a restart and does not harm other interfaces running on your system. 

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Check the roles of userid you are your. It may be the case of proper authorization.

Regards,

Ranjeet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

after Ranjeet's reply, I had another idea.

Please check in JAVA User Management, if the user is marked as a techical user and not as standard user. One of our admins told me that it sometimes happens, that the permissions of a standard user (which was used for communication to another system) got lost from time to time and that the solution was to change the profile.

This could be an explanation why a restart solves the issue...

Regards,

Chris

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure if your issue is resolved or not, I was also getting the same error. When I checked the JPR Monitor(NWA), the JPR bean was on error status The SAP Note - 1842582 fixes this issue. I haven't applied this note yet, but I'm sure this will solve the issue.

Thanks,

Justin.    

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is due to the receiver webservice.

It may require a SoapHeader or some specific WS-Addressing parameters. Please, contact the service provider in order to ask him clarification about it.

Could be also due to a Soap 1.2 service provider, instead of a "classical" Soap 1.1, which is supported by the Sap PI Soap Adapter (Soap 1.2 isn't still supported, unfortunately).

If you need to customize your Soap Message, you can refer to this page:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/03/11/soap-12-ws-addressing-on-pi-711

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the thread below and it might be because of one of the reasons mentioned in the thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/168956

I faced this issue long back and it turned out to be because of the SOAP header in the request.

Ambrish

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your End URL in Browser whether you can reach BPM. Don't think Action is required to reach specific function in SOAP Adapter. Is it Synchronous interface?

Also check Authorization credentials in SOAP Channel.

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your end to end commnunication? Cud u pls check if Path sap/xi/engine is activated in SICF transaction..

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HTTP request is received by PI and PI is sending to BPM via SOAP adapter,as per WIliam li's blog.

and Its Java Only stack PI 7.3

Where do i check as it doesn't support SICF and abap tcodes..

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could u pls check the SOAP request that is going in..Take the help of SOAP UI to see if the request sent to the webservice is having any issues.Or use the WS navigator to see if u cud connect to the webservice using the data.