cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expense Report - Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue when creating  Travel Expense Report in ESS Travel  for an Employee who has going on Transfer

The system is throwing errors only when the Trip dates are for more than one day

Problem: The problem seems to be with duration of the trip, if the trip is for one day the sysyem is accepting with same details ,if the trip is for more than one day the system is throwing errors ( except for the duration of the trip everything is same for both the trips), please see the below example and also attached Doc with screen shots

EX: An Employee raises a Travel Request for 2 days from 16/04/2013 to 17 /04/2013 with the following details

Activity Type : Business Trip

Reason         : Transfer

he clicks on the Review button and clicks on " save and send for Approval ", now its with the Approver, once the Travel request approval has been done the Employee raises Expense Report.

While creating a Expense Report  i have given the following deatils

Trip Type Statuotry      : Domestic Trip

Trip Type Co Specific : Travel on Transfer

Activity                        : Transfer

after entering the deatils if i click on save it is giving the following errors

1) Trip cannot be saved due to errors in Simulation

2) entry not found in table T706U , Argument: 40PDBIN X DD4 20130416

NOTE : If i enter the same details say for example 16/04/2013 to 16/04/2013, the expense report is getting saved with all the reciepts.

Please let me know if there is anything related to the dates or duration of the trip needs to be taken care of during configuration

Thanks & Regards

Charan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Have you checked your entries for Schema' Domestic trip', it looks like that you have not ticked 'Multiday Trip' option for your schema.

Go to Define Schema and Individual field control in IMG (see below)

For your trip variant and trip schema (which I believe is Domestic trip from your screenshot) make sure 'Multiday Trip' is selected

Hopefully this should resolve the issue.

Cheers

Ankur

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Its turely number range issue . you need to correct your number range in t code PR10

thnks

Anwar Hossain

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I do not know if this has been solved but the error message indicates that the issue is per diem configuration. It is difficult to say more without knowing config details.

Cheers,Anna

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

As mentioned above in my response - did it resolved your issue?

Thanks

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur & Alok,

Thanks for your time and guidance ,sorry could not reply as i was on leave.

i have just now checked all the conditions which you have stated, i mean

1) The Multiple day option is  already checked in the schema

2) can you please let me know in detail " When you have defined your Accommodation per diem rate you might have missed your parameter for the date involved."

can you please suggest if i need to check any other config.

Thanks & Regards

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

What are your settings in 'Influence of Control Parameters on accomodation per diem? Also if you can provide a screenshot of the employee's IT0017 then I can see if the reimbursement grp for meal/accom. I can't really say with confidence without looking at the settings.

Cheers

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

When you are using ESS for Travel, there are 2 places where you need to click on Multiday trip for schema.

As mentioned earlier by Ankur, you would have clicked on the Check box under this node

Travel Expenses -> Dialog and Travel Expenses Control -> Dialog Control -> Define Schema and Individual Field Control.

Apart from above, you need to select Checkbox in the below node also.

Travel Management -> Employee Self-Services -> Interface Configuration for Web Dynpro Interface in Travel Management -> Schema and Single Field Control for Web Dynpro.

Please check and let me know.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi charan,

Go to the transaction FITVFELD_WEB and check whether the "multi day" check box  is checked or not. If you are using ESS portal, you need to check this.

Regards,

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your time and help, please find the screen shots 0017 & accomodations per diem which you have asked for .

Thanks & Regards

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks a  lot for your guidance, i have checked all the nodes which you said and both nodes are alraedy configured in sense the check box is alraedy checked

could you tell me if i need to check anything else

Thanks & Regards

Charan

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

If possible can you send me the error screenshot while creating expense report to my id. I am not able to see the error clearly.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

There can be two reasons for same.

1. As mentioned in above logic by Ankur where you need to have multiday trip ticked in your schema.

2. When you have defined your Accommodation per diem rate you might have missed your parameter for the date involved.

Since you already say that its working for 1 day mostly it would be reason 1.

Thanks

Alok