cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 Bit 7.02 Netweaver Trial on W7 - Use IE 9 not IE10

0 Kudos

Hi everyone

Just a note for people trying out Web Dynpro ABAP in the 64 Bit version of the Netweaver trial on Windows 7. (The 7.02 version).

If you upgrade to IE10 on W7 you will get "Browser Version not supported" when you try and run any Web dynpro applications. It functions perfectly correctly if you either roll back to IE9  or don't install IE10.

If you Do install Netweaver trial 7.02 follow the blog documentation to get Web dynpro  ABAP to work. You need to make a few configuration changes (simple if you follow the documentation) to get it working but it's fine and runs easily on even a modest laptop. I'm running it in a Virtual machine since my laptop has Windows 8 installed on it.

You won't be able to use Windows 8  directly -- the browser is IE10 which doesn't work for web dynpro.

Note I don't recommend using the 7.03 version -- there's no DB manager installed and the instructions to get web dynpro to work are missing -- the instructions for the 7.02 version are NOT the same as a lot of the settings don't exist in the 7.03 version.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aferngas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try to use IE's compatibility view. It works fine.