cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer SRM org structured from QA to PROD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the best method to transfer the SRM Organization structure from Quality to Production environment and the steps involved?  We were thinking about ALE, but not sure of the message type and the process to begin the transfer process.  Can someone outline what they have used in their implementation.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph

I remember that I had done this in my previous assignments. This is what you can do -

- Create an ALE distribution model from your DEV to QAS and to PRD systems

- Create partner profile - with outbound message type HRMD_ABA

- do other such settings that are necessary for distribution of idocs in both the systems

- Then once you create an org unit/org units do as below -

- go to SE38 and run the report RHALEINI

- give object type as O and object id as org unit id

- provide partner details - QAS or PRD

- Execute.

This will create an idoc. Note this idoc number.

- go back to SE38 and run the report RSEOUT00

- Provide the idoc number to process it.

This will distribute the idoc to the destination system - QAS/PRD

- Login to the destination system - QAS/PRD

- go to BD87 and process the inbound idoc (this idoc number you can get from WE05 inbound idoc message type HRMD_ABA)

not sure if you can send multiple org units at once. may be you can schedule these reports with proper variants!! do some trial and error and you will get it!

hope this helps...

Cheers!

Dhananjay

PS: pls award points if it was helpful

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I simply followed the steps below found in an earlier SDN discussion.  Yes, you will be asked to create a transport in the field 'Task' to move the org structure.  In my case I got errors when moving the transport (which I understand is normal), but this were fixed by the repair program HRALXSYNC once the org structure was in the receiver system.  But make sure your number ranges for business partners, etc are already set up in the target system before you run this program:

SE38 -> Enter Program Name = RHMOVE30 -> Execute -> Plan Version = 1.0, Object Type = O, Object ID = select (F4) Org. Units to be transferred -> select transport objects -> task = select (F4) -> create request -> enter description -> save -> enter -> execute -> check all objects -> click on transport (in background process) -> SE09 -> select your transports -> release in background ->

In TARGET CLIENT (eg: quality box) run the following reports:

HRALXSYNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your response Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your helpful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.  Resolved internally via report RHMOVE30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph

Could you please explain how to use this report?

does it create TR to move the org structure or through idocs?

Thanks

Dhananjay