Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification for UWL!!

former_member211107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Requirement: I want to send email notification to all the users if they have any task pending in UWL. In my portal UWL, we have tasks from both SAP and ECC systems. Email ID's i'll fetch from portal data base. However, I dont want to read the pending task count from the portal database(incase they exist there). I want to read the pending task data from either UWL or straightaway from the respective backend systems only i.e ECC and SRM.

Example: A user has 2 tasks pending in ECC and 5 tasks pending in SRM system. Then an email will be sent to the user saying "Dear XYZ, You have 7 tasks pending for your approval. Please clear them from your worklist"

Awaiting a response..

KM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to implement a periodically scheduled background report utilizing the UWL API to fulfill your requirement. See the attached link as a starting point.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2612

former_member211107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I went through the document. It looks good, however, I have a requirement wherein I have to just get the the number of tasks pending for a user in UWL and send an email to the user saying that u have "x" tasks pending in your work list. So that the user comes to know that there are active items in his/her worklist.

Thanks & Regards,

KM