cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT system access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to the Hana world and trying to get hands on Hana technology.

I have got access to the Hana environment. Currently I am trying to replicate the data from one the sap system to the Hana environment.

So, far what I have understand is that, this can be achieved by SLT which is a netweaver application.

My concern is that how i will get access to this SLT ? 

And it will be good enough if one can help me with some ref docs.

Thanks in Advance,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

LT replication server does not have to be a separate SAP system and can run on any SAP system with SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP stack (Kernel 7.20EXT).

SAP LT Replication Server:

SAP LT Replication Server (SLT) is positioned for real-time data replication from SAP and non-SAP

sources (SAP supported data bases only)

-> Mainly recommended for real-time data replication business scenarios

Refer the below doc for getting more information on SLT.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0ead886-8a05-3010-daa7-9ace6bc78...

Hope the info clarifies your concern.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

For guiding me.

Currently I am facing one new issue while configuring the SLT server in netweaver.

Although I am giving the correct username and password for the Hana database but while saving the configuration I am getting error as "Error occured when opening DB connection".

Can anyone guide where I am going wrong.

Thanks,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

1. Check the DBCON table with SM30, and ensure that the HDB connection exists. If not, create new entry.

2. Check that you have the HANA DBSL kernel 7.20_EXT update applied on your SLT system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

There are lots of entry with the HDB connection, but still I am not been able to do the configuration in SLT and getting the same error.

Kindly suggest what can be other possible reason for it.

Thanks in advance,

Gopal

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi,

the EXT kernel is not needed anymore. They downported also other version to connect to HANA.

This is the minimum version:

•7.20 Kernel with PL >= 110

•7.20 DBSL with PL >= 100 is needed

Best,

Tobias

Have a look in the SLT community: http://scn.sap.com/community/replication-server