cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer Event in Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to refresh a bapi each 12 sec so that it fetch me the latest data.

So i have attached a timer to the input port of the bapi and a table to out port.

So now when i deploy i am able to see the data in the table but after 12 sec when again the event is fired, no data is displayed in the table.

The same senario works perfectly well for other bapis, but i am not able to understand why its not working for a particular bapi.

So what should i do so as to overcome this problem.

Regards

Paresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi paresh,

as Benjamin mentioned you should use the external debugging. An example is described in my blog. Then you can check if the import parameters are correct or if the BAPI dumps, because of an wrong import parameter.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Your blog is really a excellent one.Through External debugging i came to know the problem was at the bapi side and it was fixed by the developer who created the bapi.

Thanks.

Regards

Paresh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

just some hints:

- does the output of the bapi, i.e. what is deliverd to the table, differ from time to time?

- change the flag "dynamic port" of your data service, maybe this helps?

- make sure that the data that is channeld to the bapi by the timer is correct (maybe when the timer fires it delivers a wrong input value? Leading zeroes maybe?)

- have a look at <a href="/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/02/01/visual-composer-and-abap-rfcbapi-a-powerful-combination-part-i">Marcel Salein's blog</a> for ABAP-VC-Debugging hints

In order to give detailed hints, we need more specific information.

Best regards,

Benni