cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto populate Business Partner in ChaRM when a component is selected

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing ChaRM and I want to auto populate a Business Partner (IT Operator) when a project/ Component is selected in a Change Request or Normal Change in SM 7.1 SPS06. I know that we can assign a BP to a component from transaction IB52 (ibase), but I can't see an option for Specific Business Partner like IT Operator. If I add this as contact person, it can't recognize it as IT Operator.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You can assign a different default Partner Determination Procedure to Installed Base Category at this configuration:

Customer Relationship Management->Master Data->Installed Base->Assign Partner Determination Procedure to Installed Base Category.

You basically can change the Procedure assigned by Ibase Category (default 01 normally) from the default '00000032' to another Partner Determination Procedure of your choosing. For your case, perhaps your Request for Change (SMCR0001/ZMCR0001) or Change Document (SMMJ0001/ZMMJ0001) Partner Determination might serve you better since they should have the IT Operator defined as a partner. Whichever Partner Determination Procedure you set as this default will make available in IB52 all of the defined partners in that procedure available for a default value.

However, be warned! This change is applicable to ALL transaction types so if you also need an IB52 partner default say on an Incident Message and the that partner is not defined to your chosen default Procedure, you won't be able to set that partner default. Also, it is important to note that defined parameters on the Partner Determination Procedure such as required Minimum will be enforced on IB52. Thus, any defined partner on the default Procedure that has a required Minimum of '1' will require you to set a default in IB52 for that partner. If this causes you grief, it may be simpler to define a custom Partner Determination Procedure including all partners for all transaction types that you want to set a default value for and then assign that Procedure as your IBase default as above.

We use our Request for Change Partner Determination Procedure for our Ibase default but had to make all partners not needing a default value in IB52 to have a Minimum set to '0'.

Kindest regards

Paul

0 Kudos

Thanks Paul for your input.

I will check on this and get back to you.

Thanks,

Pradeep

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I followed your instructions and it is working as expected now. thanks a lot for the information. Points allocated.

@Jansi: Thank you too for your help on this.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Veronica_ge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

The Partner function 'SDCD0005' now can be able to determine after assigning partner function to the IBASE of Solman itself, but there only one partner is determined with the option 'Main Partner' selected.

I am wondering if there is any solution for multiple BPs of one Partner Function assigned to one IBASE and let user be able to make a selection in CRM Web UI.

For example:

Assign two BPs of the same partner function  'SDCD0005' to IBASE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veronica,

Sorry, I'm not aware of any way to set multiple default values for a BP that the WEB UI recognizes. Changing the Max allowed for a partner function allows you to set multiple defaults in IB52 with one designated as the main partner. My testing resulted in the WEB UI still picking the 'main partner' as the default and the drop-down search was still wide open. It doesn't appear to recognize the second assigned default partner.

I'll keep looking and let you know if I come up with a solution.

Kindest regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I want the basis team to be assigned as default in the IT operator field when the user is creating an urgent change.

I have followed all your steps.

Changed the partner determination to ZMHF0001

then added IT Operator to all ERP systems and solman client 100.

Tested it nothing changed, still not getting any default value in the IT operator field.

Is there anything else that needs to be done in IB52? Please let me know the steps and screenshots would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Jimmy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Veronica_ge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I am currently working on Solman 7.1 SP8 and customer want to use the same BP determination by IBASE. Followed by your solution, I have assigned customized partner determination procedure 'YMCR0001' to Installed Base Category, assign Production Manager 'SDCD0005' to Ibase in IB52, set Minimum of '1' to partner function 'SDCD0005' and choose 'AIC2' as access sequence for partner function 'SDCD0005'. But as result, the Production Manager is still not be able to auto determine and filled in CRM Web UI after selecting the Project. 

Please advice us if there is any other prerequisites have to full fill in order to make this BP auto determination work as expected.

Thank you very much!

Veronica Ge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veronica,

You can make as many Partner Function as you need in IB52.

Dunno why in my scenarion AIC2 not worked too so i created all from scratch!

You can define your own Partner functions, own partner determination and OWN acess sequance:

Here is an example:

You can define your own acess sequance ... and map auto-filling there.

Partner determination:

IB52

Now about your requirement to set multiple BP's for single Partner function.

Try to change Minimum and Maximum in IBASE partner determination procedure:

00000032 Installed Base/IBase

Regards Dan

Hi All,

Here is better way to handle this.

Goto SPRO->Customer Relationship Management -> BASIC Functions->Partner Processing -> Define Partner ditermination Procedure

Select 32 -> Installed Base/ I Base under the column "Permited Functions" select "All defined Partner Functions"

now you should be able to see all the partner functions in Ibase

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

For other roles, like IT operator, Change Manager, Procesors auto determination done by BRF plus, check here for more details

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31396

This is document for incident management,check the section of BRF+, this is applicable for Charm by setting organisation unit for change manager /IT opertor and update the rule ags_ict as stated in the guide.

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Jansi,

Currently we are not using multi level categorization for ChaRM as we have small user base. Is there any other way to achive this?

Thanks,

Pradeep