Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single quotation marks in values for S_TCODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I have seen the following values for the field TCD of the authorization object S_TCODE (Transaction Code Check at Transaction Start):

' '

'FDT_SHOW_DB'

Does anyone know what those values mean when used in S_TCODE ?

For the first value (single quote + space + single quote), it seems that it does not allow you to start any transaction.

For the second value (FDT_SHOW_DB inside single quotation marks), it seems that it allows you to start transaction FDT_SHOW_DB. So the question here is that why we put the single quotation marks around the transaction name?

Could someone please explain ?

Regards,

Goodyear

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Julius, it looks like someone has entered them incorrectly (manually or programatically)

How old are the roles?

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

This must be coming from your own code, so from the trave you van navigate to the source and from there find the developer...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Julius, it looks like someone has entered them incorrectly (manually or programatically)

How old are the roles?

0 Kudos

Hi Julius, Alex,

I am pretty new to the SAP authorization topics so please bear with me if I am asking something that is obvious to you guys.

Are you guys saying that those values should not be there ?

I understand that the value ' ' in authorization values are for the system to check against DUMMY in the ABAP statement AUTHORITY-CHECK. Since authorization object S_TCODE is for the system to check against when user starts a transaction, I really don't see the how/why ' ' can be used here.

I don't know where the ' ' came from in my roles.

The value 'FDT_SHOW_DB' seems to be the default value defined in tables USOBT and USOBT_C. When I created a role and added the transaction FDT_SHOW_DB to my role, the role generator automatically add the authorization obect S_TCODE to my role and set the values FDT_SHOW_DB and 'FDT_SHOW_DB' to the field TCD.

Regards,

0 Kudos

If they are in the role as standard status auths, then they came from Su24. Check the where-used-list.

In SU24 for the transaction proposing it, you can compare to SAP values (SU22). If they are from SAP, then you should report it to SAP and not to SDN...  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

in addition to Julius...:

sigh....
the wrong proposal for FDT_SHOW_DB is coming from SAP...

This has definitely to be reported to SAP (component = BC-SRV-BR )

Regarding the empty ('  ') value: if it is not inserted from SU24 like the FDT_SHOW_DB -value, please check KBA 1524185. (...if you are talking about an S_TCODE authorization with status 'Standard' ).

to check from which proposals values are inserted into pfcg you can use the where-used function in PFCG - its behind the 'mountain with sun' button next to the auth-name (first set your settings through the menu-options to  display all the buttons...Menu-Utilities-Settings->check all fields)

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Regarding ' ', a possibility is also that the S_TCODE is standard but yellow. This happens to SPRO_ADMIN roles and upload / download roles between different component type systems.

To solve it you have to find the non-existing tcode(s) in the menu and delete them.

Then it will turn green.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard, Julius,

Thank you very much for your replies. They are really helpful and I appreciate your help very much.

So to conclude:

1) The values ' ' and 'FDT_SHOW_DB' should not be in the values for the field TCD of authorization object S_TCODE.

2) The reason that they sometimes do appear could be due to SU24 proposal, our own code or SAP note 1524185.

Regards,

Goodyear