cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Processing for Multi-Item Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using assembly processing to create a WBS/network with activities when a sales order item is created (MTO manufacturing). This process works very smoothly when there is one order item per sales order.

However, when there are multiple order items in a sales order, and each of the sales order items needs to be linked to a separate WBS element with its own network, it poses issues. For example, if I have 10 order items in the sales order, I will need to have a project template with 10 WBS elements, with each of them assigned to a different network template. We can create a big project structure, may be with 100 WBS elements and network templates, but the real complexity comes in when you want to create a network template for a specific product type. In this case, we cannot really maintain this huge number of templates and expect people to pick the right template all the time. So, really there are two dimensions here - one is the number of order items and the other is the product type, which can be different for each order item.

Is there any solution for this? Is Variant Configuration a possible solution or is there anything that we can do with Classes in CN08 without messing with the VC functionality?

Best Regards,

Murali Lanka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With my experience 1:1 is only possible and not N:N in assembly process.

To overcome this situation, We used to copy (existing existing in CJ20N or from template) create new project structure and assign the new project structure WBS element to the second line item of SO and so on.

Thanks,

Sudhakar