cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cannot proceed; you have not created a key mapping for material 0000000000XXXXXXXX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I am sending Materials via BD10 to another SAP System.  When I send the Materials in full, the IDocs created are of Message Type “MATMAS” and “CLFMAS”.  For some reason the "CLFMAS" IDocs are having the Status of “65”, “You cannot proceed; you have not created a key mapping for material 0000000000XXXXXXXX”.

I am not sure if this is some kind of Material Configuration issue on the Target System, or if this is some kind of ALE related error.Config issue.

Has anyone seen this before?

Also,

I was able to send the Materials in full via BD10 somewhat successfully in the past.  The issue I had there was that sometimes the Characteristic IDoc for a give Material were being processed before the Material IDoc was processed.  I could not figure out how to make sure the Material IDocs (MATMAS) processed before the Characteristic IDocs (CLFMAS) on the Target System.  Does anyone know how to arrange that?

Thanks so much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sayyedsalman74
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Day..!

Am also facing the same issue, Idoc not created in the Target system, kindly let me know the solution.

Thank you.

Salman

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try to obtain the message number for this error, as this could help to determne the appropriate area.

I suspect it is a issue related to MDG (Master data governance) or MDM , do you use those components?

ALE and IDOC related problems usually go to Abap Connectivity forum.

Post the error message number, then I can move this discussion to the right forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I had a doubt about which forum to place this question in.  I placed it here and I am awaiting approval for my second post to ABAP Connectivity.  The IDoc Status "64" with the resulting message is all the error related detail I can find.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes MDG is being used.  It is my understanding that no key mapping is to be made for us in our systems because we are only exchanging materials between two systems with external material numbering enabled.

Perhaps there has been mapping maintained that I am not aware of.  Can you tell me where I might find such mapping in the target system?

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I cannot help further as I am not using MDG and have no experience here. I had just a one day meeting in Walldorf when MDG was promoted

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Michael Steward

The path to activate key mapping in the MDG IMG is

Cross-Application Components -> Processes and Tools for Enterprise Applications -> Master Data Governance -> General Settings -> Key Mapping -> Define Technical Settings -> Define Technical Settings for Business Systems

There, you can activate/deactivate per object type (e.g. 194 'material') and target system whether key mapping is used or not.

Regards, Ingo Bruß

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

We dont require any key mapping so we delected it in above path but still gives error for CLFMAS. For MATMAS it is working fine