cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what to use to install diagnostics agent?

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have installed 7.1 SP8 solution manager and I need to install diagnostics agents 7.30 SP02  for all managed systems including ECC5.0, CRM 7.01 EHP2 and BI 7.0.  Based on the notes, they recommend use the installer which is sapinst to install the agent. However, I find sapinst is obsolete and I need to use SWPM  software provisiong manager to install. However, when I run SWPM, I don't see the option to just install the diagnostics.  I just wonder what exact tool do you use to install diagnostics agent 7.30 SP02 for ECC5.0, CRM 7.01 as well as BI 7.0 and where I can get the tool?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lado Lado,

The path in SWPM is this one:

SAP Enhacement Package 1 for SAP Netweaver 7.3 ==> <your database> ==> SAP Systems ==> Standalone Engines ==> Diagnostics in SAP Solution Manager

You also need the kernel 720 DVD

kind regards

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Actually I found I should download the latest diagnostic agent directly and run from there but the problem is I am getting a warning message when I install the latest diagnostics agent in windows 2003 server even the diagnostics agent installation strategy documentation said the 7.3 SP2 agent should support windows 2003 server.

I just wonder is anyone know what version of diagnostic agent I should use to install in a windows 2003 server? Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lado,

Please download the diagnostic agent versions compatible to you SAP product. There should not be any problem with the OS version.

regards,

ac

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes. that is what I am looking for. However, based on the diagnostics agent installation strategy documentation. 7.3 SP2 diagnostics agent should be good for 6.40 system,

Besides, I am not sure how I find the ECC 5.0 6.40 version diagnostics agent since it is out of support and doesn't seem available. In additoin, I am not sure the old version of diagnostics agent is compatbile with solution manager 7.1 Sp8

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After I did more research on the notes, I find ECC 5.0 is not supported by 7.3 SP2 diagnostics agent. it is good to know because I just need the ECC system in the SLD so I can use the solution manager to upgrade and probably I don't need the diagnostics agent for that purpose.

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

BTW, I just find the option to install diagnostics 7.30 using SWPM for CRM 7.01 and BI 7.0 but I don't see the option for ECC 5.0. I just wonder what should I use to install the agents for ECC 5.0 and where can I download the tools? Thanks.