cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing MA with Line items to ECC- How to synch up exsiting contracts ?

nitin_singh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working for a customer whose Go live delayed due to the following Issue

Flow of the Process

1. Customer has  contracts in ECC with Line items and with Release history

2. They implemented CLM to enable Authoring prcoess as well as to make CLM as the single source of truth system

3. Migrate all these contracts as MA in CLM .

4. For all future amendements CLM will be used - this is the tricky part - lets say they add a new line item in exsiting MA and publish it to ECC; first all line items are deleted in ECC and then new ones are added . thats also fine ( as long as there is no release history)

Issues :

1. If line items in ECC were 10,20, 30..100 .... While in CLM they were coming as 1,2,3,,5..10

then line item 10 will be deleted in ECC but cant be added again as system thinks line item 10 already exist.

2. if there are less than 10 line items in contracts - CLM has 1,2..9     ECC has 10,20...90

Line items 10..90 will be deleted and new line items 1,2,3,...9 will be added ; there is ab issue of losing the history of the old items ,

if there a way around this issue ?

Thanks  & Regards,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

I have one about integration with ECC,

I CLM I add currency in the header of the MA and also I can add it in de import document of line items, do you know how it replicates to ECC? how can ECC manage different types of currency at a line item level? it will create different contracts?

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,
     I am not sure how you are able to do this in CLM... In CLM all line items use the header currency. Are you able to create/save an MA with currency on the line items that is different than on the header ?

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right, so in the case of two different currencies in one MA, Im going to need to split in two different MA right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

Did you solve this issue?

I have some questions, do you know the max numers of line items that we can add in a MA?, also if we replicate the MA to ECC and after we add more items in the CLM MA can we replicate this changes in ECC but just add the aditional line items in the ECC contracts without erase the line items of the original MA?

thanks in advance

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,

It is a good practise from usablity and performance in terms of end user experience standpoint to keep the number of line items to about a 1000.

It is possible to add more line items in CLM and re-publish the changes to ECC as many times as needed. The Outline agreement in ECC will always look the same as it is in CLM. In a way, CLM is considered the master and any changes you want to make to the contract need to be done in CLM and re-published.

Hope this answers your questions..

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, thanks a lot