cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement on FPM component configuration not called at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm having an issue on one system with the enhancement I made on the component configuration of an FPM application(HRESS_AC_MENU
--> HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP
).

When I run the application with config mode enabled (&sap-config-mode=CONFIG) the enhancement I made get called and displayed. Once I remove the config parameter, the non enhanced view is displayed and seems like the config enhancement get ignored.  Please find screenshots below...

Any idea why is that happening only on one system(production)? I don't experience the issue on DEV nor QA system.

Thanks for your help!

Add Belati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Add,

please check whether your configuration HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP has been customized additionaly. This also could lead to the effect you are describing. You easily can find that out via right-mouse click --> Technical help.

What have you done within your enhancement? Have you just changed the configuration of the Launchpad UIBB (role/instance)?

You also can try to analyse your application by setting user-parameter FPM_CONFIG_EXPERT=X (via transaction SU3) and then navigate during runtime to the Application Hierarchy Browser (via the button within global toolbar on the right-hand side). See also my blog.

Best regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I also did some personalizations like hiding the Related Links section. 

My enhancement contains modifying the Default View to be Directory instead of Map. I didn't change Role/Instance.

Thanks,

Add

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Add,

the only last thing which comes to my mind would be to check directly from runtime whether the currently displayed configuration is really the configuration which you have enhanced.

For that again right-click your mouse over the Launchpad UIBB at runtime and there you see the name of the "real" component configuration. You can also jump directly to design time... Compare the launchpad configuration names between your two scenarios above - are they really the same?

What you also could try to do is to create an enhancement on top of your floorplan configuration (e.g. OVP) and check whether if this is applied at all.

Sorry, no further idea... I have checked the Launchpad internally and also created an enhancement - everything works perfectly.

Regards, Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Thanks again. Yes the CC that I'm having problem with is the one I enhanced. Just to make sure you got my issue, the enhancements are working correctly on the DEV and QA systems but not on production system. I transported the enhancement to production and checked the modifications I made. Everything is there but not called at runtime.

Regards,

Add

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Last remark:

within the official enhancement documentation class CL_WDR_CFG_ENH_SORTER method GET_ORDER is mentioned. Set a breakpoint in line 42 to see for which configuration an enhancement is searched for and whether this enhancement is found at all.

Regards,

Julia

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Really last remark:

Try note 1524767. Could also be an issue with the invalidation of the Shared Memory...

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

and that was the right solution! Thanks alot Julia!!

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Your welcome!

Answers (0)