Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component configuration changes tracking / comparing the versions

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is with regard to SAP TM 8.1 system where FPM application / component configurations are done.

I am part of support team and I have posted an issue (some application dump) to the development team and issue has been fixed.

I am trying to understand what changes are done to fix this issue.

I know the transport request numbers pertaining to this issue where development team changes are done.

When i am looking at the objects locked under transport request, i see only table contents. Please see the screenshot below.

By seing this table contents i can't understand anything.

I have tried analyzing this by lanuching the WD application 'WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_COMP'. But no clue what changes are done. But definitely some changes are done which i can see in the below screenshot.

I guess, we do not have version management suported in FPM. Please guide how to check this issue?.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Display the changed Configuration in SE80 where you usually click "Start Configurator" and from there go to Utilities --> Version Management. You can compare versions and see the changes.

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abdullah,

You understood my question incorrect.

As per you, to compare the versions this object should be displayed / locked under this transport request. I do not see that. Hope nothing to do with component configuration version.

I understand there might not be customization changes done to configuration instead new personalization changes / entry are added as per my 2nd attachment.

I would like to know how these personalization changes are done to the application / component configuration.

Thanks,

Bharath.