cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping calendar to have some days marked as blocked.

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

One of our mills is to going to be closed for maintenance for a few days. So, I have been asked to modify the shipping calendar for the same.

In SAP table TVST, I found that all the shipping points of this plant have the same shipping calendar Z4 assigned to it.

On checking Z4, in transaction code SCAL, I found that the holiday calendar assigned to it is ZW.

I have tried adding special rule to both the factory calendar Z4 and the holiday calendar ZW (assigned to it), for the required dates and saved.

I have then tried to create a delivery on those dates but system did not stop me or anything.I could complete upto goods issue.

I am not very clear as how this thing works. Can someone please explain the concept of blocking certain days in shipping calendar?

Regards                     

P.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under the T.code SCAL you can the Factory calender and in change mode define a Special rule with some Text in it by giving the from to Dates ,do not check the Box Work day in this process and then save the calender

Automatically the system blocks the dates for shipping  that are sepcified by you in the special rules.

Shiva

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello Siva,

when you say that the system blocks the dates for shipping, do you mean that I will not be able to create shipment or do goods issue in those dates?

As I told you, even though I mentioned these dates, not as workday , under special rules of my factory calendar Z4 (assigned to my shipping point) and saved the calendar, I could still go ahead and create delivery and also goods issue.

Besides the calendar assigned to the exact shipping point, i have noticed the following other calendars:

• The Plant has factory calendar 24 assigned to it.
  • The customer in my sales order has a calendar associated with it CA.

Are they influencing something?

After changing the calendarm where am I expected to see the first change or obstruction as a result of this change to the calendar?

Regards

Papri

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you add time in the pick/pack time, loading time fields in the shipping point and check again? Even if you don't have time, just add 0.1 and can test. The path is SPRO->Sales and distribution ->basic functions ->Delivery scheduling and Transport scheduling ->Maintain duration.

Other point is, you can check the calendar assigned to the customer master -> unloading points.

Take a look at OSS Note 547961 - FAQ: Shipment and transportation scheduling in R/3 system and 1579665  - Scheduling - Date lies on a non-working day for further knowledge.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to solve this.

We have APO here and once the corresponding time streams and factory calendars were changed over there, the change took effect. In sales order, I can now see the goods issue date being adjusted accordingly, in the item level details, for each of the line items.

I just have one doubt. When I added a special rule in the shipping calendar Z4 directly , mentioning the range of dates, which are to be blocked out, it started working properly.

I was under the impression that if I added the corresponding entry in the holiday calendar ZW, assigned to the shipping calendar Z4, then Z4 should get modified accordingly, but that did not happen. Can someone please clarify this point for me?

Regards

P.R

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To me, it looks the OSS notes that I have mentioned can answer your doubt.

Regards,