cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade on a Distributed Environment

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am upgrading my ERP system from Ehp4 to Ehp6.  I have a distributed environment consisting of  a CI server (1 CPU & Fault Tolerant), a Database server (6 CPUs), and 4 application servers (each 2 CPUs) , 2 of which are dedicated to dialog and 2 dedicated to background jobs.  I getting an error in the upgrade prep because background job RDDIT008 cannot write to the upgrade directory which is on the CI server.  So my question is how do I run an upgrade on such a distributed environment?  Since my servers are VM I do have some flexibility in hardware configuration.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

So my question is how do I run an upgrade on such a distributed environment?  Since my servers are VM I do have some flexibility in hardware configuration.

You need to execute your upgrade tool from the CI system. No special hardware configuration is required. Ensure that CI has good amount of CPU and RAM so that you can implement multiple R3trans processes to expedite the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The problem is that I have no background processes defined on that server and only 1 CPU because at this time its only function is the CI.