cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use one Communication Channel for different Configuration Scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

It is possible respectively best practice to use one Communication Channel e.g. an IDoc Adapter (one receiving R/3 system for both Scenarios) for two different Configuration Scenarios?

Many Thanks in advance!

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

For one R/3 system client, you will have only one IDOC adapter.....no matter how may config scenarios you have.......in all your config scenarios, you will use that IDOC adapter only.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jochen,

Please see the help file mentioned in below link, which is talikng about reuses of communication channel in case of B2B scenarios:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/ca/efb540efe68631e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/ca/efb540efe68631e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm</a>

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like pointed by Renjith the lesser the number of Comm Channels the better.

reeasons:

1. Maintenance is easier. You need to make the changes in paramaters at only one place.

2. When you transport your objects, Comm Channel parameters you will have to reenter the Comm Channel parameters. So, the lesser the better,

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sya u have two interface having polled for 5 mins and 10 mins. in this case u cannot use the same comm channel....factors like this influence a lot for not sharing the CC among the scnarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

>>sya u have two interface having polled for 5 mins and 10 mins. in this case u cannot use the same comm channel...

This is not true. We can reuse the communication channel here too.

Reason: Adapter Framework has its own logging and queueing facities.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jai

say i have 2 sender CC (JDBC) for sender A i need to have polled for every 10 mins and for sender B i need to poll it for every 60 mins. Can i use a CC defined for A in B? In this case then i'm not having my basic req in place. so in this case it is not possible to reuse

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some CC channels can be reused provided the parameter defintions carries the same accorss the scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks to all of you guys!

As result it is possible and could be named best practice to use one channel for different scenarios.

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jochen,

In our implementation, we are using the same JDBC receiver communication channel for 6 different scenarios.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the best practice suggest to use separate CC specific for scenarios as it wub be rather easy to trace any errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our scenarios we are re-using IDoc channels across scenarios..

in our case the properties maintained in the channel is the same that we want for all scenarios.

Obviously if you have a need to different properties, you will have to use different ones...for instance in one of the channels, you might want XI to put the control record values where as in the other case you might want the values in the payload to transferred...etc...

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith