SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Article creation Issue

former_member542334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I am new to Retail, I was preparing for Generic Article creation.

1.) I created Merchandise Category and assign to hierarchy

2.) I created Characteristic and characteristic profile

3.) I assigned Characteristic profile to the Merchandise Category

4.) When the time i used MM41 there was a pop up menu and I input/selected the choices and press enter and back (F3)

there is a message " You must define at least one variant-creating characteristic".

What is this message all about and how can i resolve this? I cannot move on to the next level in MM41 only on the 1st stage.

Please help in this matter. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ber

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto CT04 and put some values in your characteristics to create a generic material, the class or characteristics profile must have at least one variant-creating characteristic.

generic articles need in all cases at least 1 variant creating characteristic. As soon as you link a characteristic to the MC or the profile you have to select the value 2 i.e. relevant to variant as relevancy indicator.

Regards

Ajaya Kr. Mishra

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto CT04 and put some values in your characteristics to create a generic material, the class or characteristics profile must have at least one variant-creating characteristic.

generic articles need in all cases at least 1 variant creating characteristic. As soon as you link a characteristic to the MC or the profile you have to select the value 2 i.e. relevant to variant as relevancy indicator.

Regards

Ajaya Kr. Mishra

0 Kudos

Dear Ajaya,
Thank you very much for your valuable input. I just want to clear that there is a post in SAP

Procedure:
When maintaining the material groups, identify at least one characteristic as a variant-creating characteristic.

The above procedure is what i think misleading.

The answer was not to maintain the Merchandise Category (Material Group) but to maintain the Characteristic Profile.

All i did is to go to Characteristic Profile (CLWF) and click on the characteristic tab and select the relevancy indicator (2) and saved.

Now i can move forward in creating an article (MM41).

Regards,

Ber