cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

results recording in QE51N with special character

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

in results recording using tcode QE51N, i could able to save the results value using special characters like #3, *7 ets

this special characters in the results value is creating problem in the interface , can any one give solution to prevent this.

In QE51N transaction for reults recording we can enter special charactera like #for results

for eg if I have a MIC with value 5 to 8 , I can enter the result in QE51N as #6 and the system accepts

How to overcome this pblm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun, its because of supplement attributes of inspection characteristics. Refer following path,

QCC0 > Quality inspection > Result recording > Supplement attributes of inspection characteristic results. You would observe these entries with special characters like #, *, <, > etc. Each one of these has some meaning like the reading is invalid or result not determinable. See F1 help there.

As a result of this, in QA32 or in QE51N when you enter reading as #6 instead of only 6, then system accepts this and sets Attribute column as not determinable (valid). Same is the case with * meaning of which is outlier. You can remove these entries as in above path to avoid this but it is highly NOT RECOMMENDED.

I wonder why users input reading with these special characters instead of only numeric values? Ask them to use these special characters only if they want the meaning of the certain reading in accordance with its meaning. Generally the readings are enters in numeric formats and attributes are selected from Attribute column.

Regards, Anand