cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can PI Directly Interact with Bank when using SWIFTnet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are designing some SWIFT interfaces to communicate with banks.

Can you please let me know using which adapter PI can connect to banks?

Also , my assumption is Bank will be always outside the network. In that case , which adapter is recommended?

Regards,

Biplab Das

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biplab,

SWIFT format is standard format for financial transactions (specifically banking) and SAP ECC supports direct upload of these formats.

Banks normally prefer secured transfer protocol.

You can use PI file adpater's sFTP or FTPs (depending upon the PI version you are on) to communicate with banks and send/receive files and a background job scheduled in ECC can upload these files through whatever T code which is suitable for the transaction. I have done a similar design in one of my projects. In PI, no transformation was done. It was a pass through.

Ambrish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to achieve SWIFTNet connectivity with SAP you need SIPS (SAP integration package for SWIFT).

SIPS is being licensed via SAP BCM (Banking communication manager) and runs on PI.

However to connect your SAP to SWIFTNet and via SWIFTNet with your banks, you not necessarily need SIPS or/and PI.

There are many options how you can connect your SAP to SWIFT. From full blown blue print with ECC 6.0 PI/BCM and SIPS to plain vanilla straight forward ECC 6.0 / Fi-Co integration.

On a straight forward integration you need to enrich the SWIFT MT message, which is something a SWIFT Service Bureau can do.

When you integrate with SIPS you benefit from SAP end-to-end security based on LAU/HMAC-SHA256 with XML V.2.0 companion file etc.

Without SIPS you can integrate end-to-end security based on e. g. PGP.

Syed1234
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The adapter highly depends upon what system, application and infratstructure is setup on Bank side,then you setup accordingly.

For my case, I did use simple FTP adapter as the source system was in my own network. Then the transfer of message file from our system to Bank system is done by SWIFTNET service itself.

Check what is the message format and what are the ways System in Bank side can receive the message from your system.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me to convert SWIFT format to XML .

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bipal,

There are some modules /predefined content available in Market place, using those modules in File adapter enables to handle SWIFT message formats.

you need to do some tweaking in connectivity between Bank system and PI system.

Uisng Iway adapter also we can hande SWIFT message formats.

Thank you,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks. I have done a bit research on that and found that there are integration content available for SWIFT  and some standard modules available for conversion of message formats

localejbs/swift/FINConversionToSWIFTModule

localejbs/swift/FINConversionFromSWIFTModule

But question is different. I am asking the connectivity option?

Since Bank will be in different network.. should we use  SFTP/AS2 adapters?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depends, i did bank integration recelty, i have used FTPS connectivity.

First check with Bank, where they are going place files and get system details then you need to finalize the approach.

Network compatibility not an issue, network/infrastrcutiure team can help you.

I dont think AS2 adapter will help,if they are using SFTP then u will use SFTP adpater.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any difference between  FTPS and SFTP adapter?

Can u give some details of FTPS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any difference between  FTPS and SFTP adapter?

Can u give some details of FTPS?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes there is big difference, search in SCN you will find answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on PI 7.31 . I know i can use SFTP.. but what about FTPS?

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biplab Das,

Can you please let me know using which adapter PI can connect to banks?

>> This depends upon the type of the system.

Also , my assumption is Bank will be always outside the network. In that case , which adapter is recommended?

Yes, generally Bank systems will always be outside the network. Connectivity wise, it all depends upon the type of the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanumantha,

Have you worked on SWIFT integration?

there are certain standard formats( ex. MT100,MT101,MT103 etc..) that is  provided by SWIFT and supported by all banks.So i don't think its depend on the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Haven't really worked on Swift Integration. I do know there are standard formats that will be used/supported by the banking systems.

Formats are fine, but it is Non-XML. So, we can go ahead with File adapter also.

When we are trying to integrate with the Bank systems there should be more authentication.

Ref:  http://www.ijunglee.com/entries/general/untitled-post