cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogs upload through LSMW using BAPI method (QGPR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a LSMW program for uploading Catalogs and COde groups (QS41 transaction).

For this, I am using BAPI method using the standard BAPI (QGPR)

I have created the Source structure & fields, and have maintained the structure relations and mappings as well.

The LSMW program is working and posting the IDOCs successfully as well, BUT with one problem.

When I upload 4 codes under 1 codegroup, it is updating only the last record leaving behind the first 3 records.

EXAMPLE:

COLOUR              Colour of the Toy                 0001                    Brown

COLOUR              Colour of the Toy                 0002                    Green

COLOUR              Colour of the Toy                 0003                    White

COLOUR              Colour of the Toy                 0004                    Yellow

After the IDOCs are posted successfully, if I go to QS41, I am seeing only the last record (0004     Green) under COLOUR Code group.

What am I missing here?  Please help me in solving the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello use recording method.

I have made lsmw for both code groups as well selected sets using recording.

regrads/rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solved this issue myself. Anyways thanks for the support.

SOLUTION: In this BAPI, the code groups and all the codes should go in one IDOC. Initially, the each code of a codegroup was getting updated in separate IDOCs. I corrected the structure and made the input file in such a way that One CODEGROUP and all its correspnding CODES get updated in IDOC.

Firstly, I made one upload file with data for Multiple Source Structure (Sequential File Upload). That means, One Main structure for Codegroup and the other structure for CODES at one level below this Codegroup structure.

Level 1 ----> Code group Structure

|

|----------------> Codes Strucutre (Level2)

Moreover, create a dummy Source field in the Code Group structure and Code structure called RECTY (Record Type). For Codegroup RECTY, give the Identifying Field content as 11 & Code RECTY, give the Identifying Field content as 22.

And this solved the issue. Now the catalogs and codes are getting updated correctly.

Any doubts on this LSMW, you can feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Vinodh

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod

Can you send me the project by exporting it and it source file.

regards

Manish