Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing SAPJVM when generating stack configuration file with MOPZ

informatique
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am using MOPZ to generate a stack configuration file (XML) to update our ERP ECC 6 to EHP6.

Everything went smooth, untill I start Software update manager (SUM).

When I select my stack xml file, SUM indicates me that SAPJVM is not found in the configuration file.

I have regenerate the file several times, but I never saw an option to add SAPJVM to stck in MOPZ.

How can I add that package to stack file? Maybe something is missing in my system configuration ( SMSY ? ).

Please Help.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I fixed this and the upgrade is running now.

As I mentioned earlier mine was a dual stack system and java engine was not in use. I removed the SCS instance and made the system look like a ABAP only system.

If you look at the first screen on your upgrade tool, the one you get after entering an administrator user information for the 1st time you run SUM. Look for the value of "System Technology" mine was coming as "Dual Stack system" until I removed the SCS instance then is showed up as ABAP only and the SAPJVM didn't bother me after that. I had removed the SUM directory and extracted the tool again for a clean start.

Hope this helps you .

Regards,

Amol

informatique
Explorer
0 Kudos

Amol,

My system is also detected as a dual stack system in the begenning of SUM. Even if I don't think I use the Java part...

Can you tell me how you remove SCS instance to get rid of java stack?

Thank you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well here is what I did

1. Remove (comment) the java related parameters in instance profile of ABAP instance, the one having DVENBMSxx, those should mostly by starting with 'j'

2. Rename the SCS profiles (Start and instance both), I actually moved them to a separate directory

3. This might not be required but I renamed the SCS directory under /usr/sap/SID and the j2ee and SDM directories under /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMSGxx

Needless to say backup profiles before you change them.

Best of luck .

Regards,

Amol

informatique
Explorer
0 Kudos

Definitely working !

Thank you so much.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

The error you attached is due the inconsistent system component

information maintained in SMSY(LMDB). MOPZ generates the XML file based

on this component information, and if it's not exactly correct, the XML

will be rejected when it's used to upgrade the corresponding system.

So would you please double check in SMSY and make sure the components

and levels are correctly synchronized between the BW system and solution

manager? If not, please re-synchronize them and re-generate the XML

file.

Please check and let us know the results. If the new XML file fails

again, please attach the following information:

1. Is your system a ABAP stack or dual stack with JAVA?

2. Please attach the XML file.

3. Please attach the screenshots of the steps that XML was genrated

in SOLMAN.

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

informatique
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Deepika,

I have double check again SMSY and I can't find any problem.

I have redone all the steps and the result is the same.

My system is a Dual Stack.

I attach XML and screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ov1oe1fqbqisoow/Screenchot_generating_xml_stack_file.pdf

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/SMSDXML_DEV_20130423080251.542.xml?w=AACyrLW8dOcNn-2v1j4fPt7wNf7V0Gag...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydzon0vjvsqbbdr/SMSDXML_DEV_20130423080251.542.txt

Thanks a lot for your time.

eleni_kontoyanni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you find a solution for this issue?

I am facing exactly the same situation.

Kind Regards,

Eleni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure it is for xml looking for sapjvm . It is SUM tool looking for the sapjvm, might be you not updated the parameter in your system.

Make sure you set the DIR_CT_SAPJVM in the instacne profile of your system, else add it and restart your system and continue with SUM tool again, and also make sure you set the Java_home with the JVM directory.

If you dont have JVM installed, refer the sap note Note 1367498 - SAP JVM installation prerequisites

Thanks

Jansi

informatique
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

The error states :

Error : the provided system stack blablabla.xml does not contain valid updates for some of the components that have to be delivered. The following issues have been detected:

- SAPJVM component for host saptest and operating system LINUX_X86_64 is not found in the stack configuration file.

I have install SAP JVM 4.1 on the machine

And DIR_CT_SAPJVM is well configured.

Thank you for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

I am having same error when trying to upgrade my SCM system from 5.0 to 7.0 EHP2. Have you found a solution for this yet?

Regards,

Amol

informatique
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

I Haven't find a solution yet, still investigating...

Let me know if you find something.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

I my case the issue is because the SCM application was initially installed as a dual stack system but the JAVA engine has not been in use since then. In Solman the system is defined as a ABAP only system, no JAVA technical system maintained. We don't wish to use or upgrade the JAVA engine so I am following up on an OSS message to get a work around for this. 

Regards,

Amol

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

Read carefully the stack XML file and look for the SAPJVM xxxxx .SAR archive, download it from MArket Place and put it with the other Support Packages.

Kind Regards

informatique
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

Thank you for your interest.

I have looked for *JVM* in the XML file but I can't find it.

I have read that I should see the JVM in the OS/DB dependent files. But I can't find it. Do I have to add JVM to the compenent list of my system in SMSY?

Thank you.