What else include in XI component?.

Will SLD is xi component?.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

Please see the page no24 in the below link.. so that you can have correct look of Xi Components..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ee5bc490-0201-0010-e9b5-a258cf08...

Regards

Chilla..

<i>Points rewarded if it is usefull..</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting Thread !!

Well, SLD is a component of XI.Infact it comes along with the J2ee engine of the WebAs. And XI is incomplete with WebAS.

See note as well : 673144

Message was edited by:

Priyanka Balagangadharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ash,

XI components are mainly:

1. SLD(contains technical & software info)

2. IR (designing of objects)

3. ID (configuration)

4. RTWB (monitor the messages in runtime)

Coming to the IS,It contains IE,BPE,AE which exists in runtime...

thanx..

krish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI components includes:

1.<b>SLD</b> :A central repository of information about software and systems in data center.

2.<b> IB</b>: A client-server framework for accessing and editing to stores of shared collabration knowledge.(a) IR (b) ID.

3.<b>Integration server</b>: central processing engine of XI.

4.<b>Central Monitoring</b>: Comprehensive and focussed view of components and processes at runtime.

5.<b>Adapter engine</b>: A JCA compliant adapter engine for connecting backened systems to XI.

Award points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was really disheartening to see such a fight(kids game) on SDN which is place for learn.Just a gentle reminder , it is a public forum to express their view.You always has multiple opinion of every questions. The thumb rule is : No one has right to comment on any one's answer weather it is right or wrong . Appriciate it if u like forget it u do not like.

On the question stand point ,

Well SLD was originally part of XI and is still integral part of XI. On the other hand it is shared by all NetWeaver landscape such as portal and other servers.Now you decided is it part of XI or not.

On a practical prospective , In real time scenario normally SLD is installed on XI server and shared across all landscape.But no one stop u to install it on portal as well as it run on Java stack of WebAS. The fact is XI need SLD .Now it is up to you to decide ?

Thanx & Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

Integration Broker is an SAP NetWeaver capability (that is, the features for a technological area of SAP NetWeaver) that is supported by SAP XI. The Integration Server, on the other hand, is an XI runtime component.

For details about SAP XI areas please see below help file. It is containing one table with complete details of XI areas. I hope it will resolve all your concern about components of XI and the diff between IS and IB:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/content.htm</a>

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

To know that either SLD is part of XI or it belongs to other module as well, please see page 6 of the help file of SLD where it is written <b>"Information in the SLD is used by various SAP tools, for example, for planning and performing upgrades to the system landscape (Software Lifecycle Manager of SAP NetWeaver), finding destination information for ABAP systems and Web services (Web Dynpro), and for maintaining development information by the SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (NWDI)."</b> For more see the below link:

Note: Ash, as Prabhu has also mentioned and I will also request you that please do not be rude to anyone, especially to the person who has contributed a lot to the SDN. People here on SDN spend their time in posting reply not for only points, its people's interest or call it their passion to resolve others problem. Instead of it you can oppose the person in a well manner. Take it as my suugestion. I am sorry if it hurts anyone.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sister,

Your link is not working...

http://xiserver:50100/sld/doc/sld.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still i am not clear..what all is in XI as component....more getting confused...

Can anybody post just xi components...

IR, ID, RW..that is it?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Your link is not working...

http://xiserver:50100/sld/doc/sld.pdf

Replace xiserver with the name of your XI server and 50100 with your XI HTTP port number.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

IntegarationBuilder : which consits of IR and ID.

SLD: which constis of TS,BS,SWCV,products

RWB: Adaptermontroing, endto end, mesagemonitoring,peromance.altersetc

IR : we have DT,MT,MIF,Mapping,InterfaceMapping,BPM etc

ID: Reciver determination,interface dete,Sendersys,RecveirSys,Etc

We XI sits on WEBAS which as ABAP and JAVA stack .

hope now clear with this.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

XI components are below:

Integration Repostitory

Integration Design

Integration Builder

Runtime WorkBench

System Landscape Directory

Cenral Monitoring

Adapter Engine

Integration Engine

Business Process Engine

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

IB = IR+ID..right?.

You mean...IS?.

IR

ID

IS

RWB

SLD?

CM

AE

IE

BPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES.

but not IS .IS is different.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

Yes IB=IR+ID

But IS is integraion server. IS is different from IR and ID.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

SLD is not an XI component. SLD is a WAS component

XI uses SLD and SLD is a part of XI Architecture.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek.

Yes..i also read the same.

Please answer only correct answers. Doubtful answers will lead to waste of ur time and others time.

We ask questions to get answers fast. So please try to help us, rather confuse us more. A humble request.

Message was edited by:

Ash

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prateek,

If we are to take this logic into picture, then all components listed above , IR, ID, Adapter Engine all of them run on the WAS. So, shouldn't they be called components of XI?

I think SLD is a component of XI, as XI cannot exists without its SLD.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What all are XI components?.

(IR+ID) as IB or (IR and ID)

IS

CM

AE

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow..!! What was that?

I dont want to take this beyond the point that even if I do make my mistakes on the forum I am the first to accept it, i have made my mistakes in the past and will continue to do so. But that is not going to stop me from answering.

As for points, if I had made all my points by giving wrong replies, I wouldnt have been on XI forums without being black listed. Points are just a means of saying thank you and not life and death.

By d ways, I still stand by my answer. SLD is a component of XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLD is part of many other modules...

it is not just part of XI.

SLD is there before XI was born.

I think, SLD is not XI component.....

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>Baveesh, please don't answer the question. If you don't know the answer.</b>

Ash u shud'nt be so rude for the people who are spending valuable time in getting things done for you....probably u shud have clarified the point . remember that more doubts u get clarified u will understand the fucntionality of XI and its components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

The Xi components are

1) System Landscape Directory.

2) Integration Repository.

3) Integration Directory.

4) Runtime work bench

CC:Coomunication channel you can not say communication channel is component.It is colloboration Agreement you can say it is object.

AE: Adapter Engine..Even you cannot say it is XI component.

Hope I am clear..

Please let me know if you have any queries...!

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry...forget it...

how can i edit forum message......

SLD is a server application?...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not CC...Yaar..

It is CM....Central Monitoring.

Where i can read this topic more?.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

besides the reply tab u got an icon thru which u can edit ur message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

go through below link for Central Monitoring:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7c/14b5765255e345a9e3f044f1e9bbbf/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Rajeev.

i am looking for XI Components links...not CM link.

thanks for CM link...i got some good points from that.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes SLD is an XI component.

read through the XI architecture document on SDN and you will understand the components better.

Please close your earlier threads.

Regards

Bhavesh