cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the functionality of central and non-central adapter engine in PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

help me out with this..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ashish_goel4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vasupradha ,

Adapter engine is used  to connect IE to SAP system or external applications.It is automatically installed on the IS. We call this AE as central adapter engine.

A non-central adapter engine is installed on another host and used to connect with other applications. We can access this engine through a firewall.

In PI we do not have any standard functionality for security , so to ensure security and protection of landcscape data to outside systems we use non- central adapter engine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the info. I got it now.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

The decentral adapter engine is mostly being used to put in the DMZ for B2B communication, so you won't have to expose your entire system to the internet..

It can also be used for particular scenario's or adapter that you don't want to run on your central system. This can be for example for load balancing purposes..

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Central AE: uses UME with ABAP (J2EE with Add-In option), i.e.UME of this engine is configured against the coresponding ABAP stack automatically during installation)

Decentral AE: uses UME with DB only (default) or UME with ABAP (su01, PFCG; roles visible as groups; CUSTOM INSTALLATION); decision at installation time!

1. when Xi is installed we get default adapter (i.e) central adapter engine.

2. For load balancing we use decentral engine.

3. central adapter engine is on Integration server and decentral adapter engine is outside IS.