cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boolean function accept boolean as inputs and what will be the result value?.

is it string or boolean?.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

The functions with the result are explained here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/17f13a2f160f28e10000000a114084/content.htm

This weblog explains the usage of 1 of the boolean functions

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/01/09/the-use-of-suppress-in-the-xi-30-graphical-mapping-tool

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it...

But what is this say?.

If-clauses evaluate conditions that return Boolean values. Standard functions that return Boolean values return the string true or false. Standard functions that expect Boolean values interpret the values “1” and “true” (not case-sensitive) as true and all other values as false.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is the same logic like for all programmic languages.

If the input is either 1 or true then the conditions is true , if the input is any other value than 1 or true , then it is taken as a false.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Boolean functions return boolean values(true/fasle).Suppose you want to check one filed value,basing on that you want to send the particular data to the destination,you can use these boolean functions to check the condition.

Regards,

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is exactly what happens internally.

A boolean value is a String "true" or "false".

Try this in the graphical mapping tool: Assign source - not - target. Put true or false to the source. See what happens in the target.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

<i>If-clauses evaluate conditions that return Boolean values</i> - if clause takes input as true or false to decide what to do......

<i>Standard functions that expect Boolean values interpret the values “1” and “true” (not case-sensitive) as true and all other values as false.</i> - Since msg mapping is JAVA based, so in JAVA boolean true value means integer 1 and false is integer 0. So the standard fnc which want boolean values take either 1 or true for boolean true value and anything else is boolean false value......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This is exactly what happens internally.

>

> A boolean value is a String "true" or "false".

>

> Try this in the graphical mapping tool: Assign source

> - not - target. Put true or false to the source. See

> what happens in the target.

>

> Regards

> Stefan

oh, ok then.

Hey Stefan, since we're already on this, I'd like to know the specific area with which you work in XI, if it's not a problem.

Regards,

Henrique.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is true for Java, but not for the graphical mapping tool.

As I have said before, the result of a function of type "Boolean" is a string.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

Boolean func return boolean value.

thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your function returns the strings "true" or "false", you can also link it directly to any boolean-input function. The mapping program will automatically cast the string to boolean.

Regards,

Henrique.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/c4cdfc334824478090739c04c4a249/content.htm

Look into this link and the section Boolean Functions.

Boolean Functions take Boolean values as input and return Boolean values as output.

Regards

Bhavesh